Recalled/Assigned: McIlrath and Allen recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
McIlrath will have to outplay Kostka next game and that's not a big task.

Even with the team down, they monitored Kostka's minutes, and I certainly don't want him getting anywhere near 20 minutes for the night.

Allen has been really good down in HFD, and will have a chance to make an impact.

All in all, if these two can play, Allen in particular, the Rangers may have options when it comes to trades.

Hunwick has done an admirable job once he stopped pinching at every chance so he's someone that can fill in.

Staal looked like the old Staal, and maybe being counted on for big minutes will keep him at that level.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Would be nice if the fan base takes the next game with a grain of salt.

Lundqvist needs a break because of 15 in 29 in November. If you start Talbot against lesser WPG, you have Henrik facing the Blues after seven days off.

It's early. Very early. Look for positives. Don't think the sky is falling if they lose.

People love prospects. Well, five rookies are playing an NHL game tomorrow. Could be more.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Good. Hope to see good things from these two.

Obviously not expecting perfect games, but just, play well. I guess.

Next game is scary.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'm figuring Girardi is going to be doing a bunch of 30 minute games. He's capable. The better McIlrath does the more minutes he's going to take away from Kostka. If he can put up 15 respectable minutes a night--split the rest of the time with Kostka he'll be doing all right.

The left side took the biggest hit--losing McDonagh and Moore but Staal can do 25--maybe a little more. Hunwick's done well so far--can do 20 and Allen can pretty much take up John Moore's minutes. The left side looks stronger overall than the right.

The biggest questions to me are Kostka and McIlrath. I think Allen will be at least okay. Hopefully in 2-3 games we have Klein back and then John Moore returns in 4. If Klein is out for a while whichever of McIlrath, Allen and Kostka is playing the worst gets to sit in the stands after Moore returns.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Really, really hoping that this is the beginning of Dylan McIlrath proving me and the rest of us doubters wrong. Him stepping up for the next month would be huge for this limping team.

Everyone hopes this.

The doubters just dont think its likely.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Really, really hoping that this is the beginning of Dylan McIlrath proving me and the rest of us doubters wrong. Him stepping up for the next month would be huge for this limping team.

And then the fact that this game will be against the team that has the player I feel most NYR fans were hoping they would draft... Tarasenko. I too am really, really hoping this is the start to an actual NHL career. I completely understand that D-men take more time to develop and that Mc was set back a year from injury, but it's about time he proves himself enough to play in the show, even if this is a year that he bounces up and down covering here and there with next season becoming an every day player.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
People should be mad about Tarasenko. Rangers are fine on the wings.

Fowler is a different story. Definitely not a franchise type yet but off to a great start again.

There are a lot of guys that we can look back to in hindsight from that draft that have been playing regularly and have become solid parts of their respective teams, but you just mentioned the second name that I remember fans clamoring for. Tarasenko and Fowler are definitely the two most memorable names I can remember being "wished for" as the draft approached.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
There are a lot of guys that we can look back to in hindsight from that draft that have been playing regularly and have become solid parts of their respective teams, but you just mentioned the second name that I remember fans clamoring for. Tarasenko and Fowler are definitely the two most memorable names I can remember being "wished for" as the draft approached.

We drafted Jessiman instead of Parise and so many other players that would be helpful in hindsight.

I feel like everyone agrees that hindsight draft evaluation is stupid and meaningless until it's time for them to use it against a player that they already dislike for one reason or another.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
We drafted Jessiman instead of Parise and so many other players that would be helpful in hindsight.

I feel like everyone agrees that hindsight draft evaluation is stupid and meaningless until it's time for them to use it against a player that they already dislike for one reason or another.

Well... I don't think that's always the case...

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Good to see them play, but this is not the best situation to throw them into, especially against an elite team. You like to break in rookie D by sheltering them and pairing them with a vet. Not happening tonight.

MSD

Jan 1, 2014
McIlrath is still not ready. He is too into fighting and not staying on the ice enough to improve his game.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
AV stapling his butt to the bench to keep throwing Kostka out there says volumes.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
AV stapling his butt to the bench to keep throwing Kostka out there says volumes.

Girardi had 33 minutes--Kostka-18 and McIlrath--8--though he would probably hit double figures without the 9 penalty minutes. All things considered I don't think AV relied on Kostka all that much. I also think Kostka was the main culprit on the Tarasenko goal. Moving up in the neutral zone like he did--he's either got to get the puck or the player or both--otherwise he should have held his position.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

He had 9 penalty minutes and, understandably, AV didn't want a rookie out in the final minutes defending/gaining a lead. Allen didn't see any shifts either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad