McDavid & Laine vs Eichel & Matthews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
East vs West
Which conference has the better combo?
Which combo will finish their careers with more cups?

IMO it's:
1.) McDavid
2.) Eichel/Matthews (interchangeable)
4.) Laine

Which makes for an interesting debate...

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
East vs West
Which conference has the better combo?
Which combo will finish their careers with more cups?

IMO it's:
1.) McDavid
2.) Eichel/Matthews (interchangeable)
4.) Laine

Which makes for an interesting debate...

Not really an interesting debate. Matthews/Eichel/Laine can be debated, McDavid's spot is obvious. So it's obviously the McDavid side.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
McDavid (115 point player in his prime, wouldn't be shocked if he got 125 but I'm being a bit conservative)>>Jeichel (100 point player in his prime, maybe more as well)>>Matthews (The best defensively by quite a bit, 85 point player in his prime, I really can't see more than that, I don't see a 100 point player or even a 90 point guy. Selke caliber)>Laine (50 goal, 90-95 point guy, good defensively, Matthews is better though at defense and controlling a game, also C>>>>W.) Thats my predictions. It's close but I think I may go with Jeichel and Matthews. That C depth is almost a guaranteed cup imo with an average group around them. I do feel like we get this thread a few times a month lol. The point totals are if things progress like they should for the players, and that's them in their primes, this is assuming no injuries or whatever.

Vohaul

Jan 24, 2017
McDavid and Laine of course. MDavids speed and playmaking with Laine's shot and goalscoring instinct would be a deadly combination.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Eichel, Laine, and Matthews are all around the same level while McDavid is obviously another tier above. Easy choice.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
McDavid>>Laine>Eichel/Matthews

yeah sure. Laine is better than the guy who just crushed him in calder voting.

Mcdavid > Matthews > Eichel > Laine

when Laine learns to play C, he gets bumped up a notch

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
After this poll is closed, how about we try a poll between the two #1 picks from '15 & '16 vs the two #2 picks from '15 & '16. That seems like an interesting debate, right?

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Laine and McDavid quite easily. You just can't pass the opportunity of having the best playmaker feeding the best goalscorer in the league.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
You could have this poll as McDavid + any of the 3 vs. the other 2 and they would win. McDavid is a step above the rest, and the other 3 are all close enough to at least debate (all being absolutely elite young talent).

At the end of the day

McDavid+ Laine > Eichel+Matthews
McDavid+Eichel > Matthews+Laine
McDavid+Matthews > Eichel+Laine

Reactions: pettersson

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
yeah sure. Laine is better than the guy who just crushed him in calder voting.

Mcdavid > Matthews > Eichel > Laine

when Laine learns to play C, he gets bumped up a notch
Imagine thinking a player is any lesser because of the position he plays.

Reactions: pettersson

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
The gap between McDavid and anyone else here is bigger than any gap between the non-McDavid's.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Not true as per Calder voting

Laine's injury had a big impact on voting as well.

Matthews and Laine were nearly neck and neck the entire year so it's still up in the air who is the better player. Matthews scored 40 goals as a 19 year old while Laine put up 36 goals in 73 games as an 18 year old.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Matthews and Laine were nearly neck and neck the entire year so it's still up in the air who is the better player. Matthews scored 40 goals as a 19 year old while Laine put up 36 goals in 73 games as an 18 year old.

Maybe he shouldn't skate through the middle with his head down then?

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015

That injury definately had an some effect on Laine but let's not take anything away from Matthews and his last season, especially his last games point streak was something Laine couldn't pull off, mostly because he was physically more raw than Matthews but still the point stands where Matthews was the more deserving for the Calder.

If Laine continues to be as effective player as he was in his draft year and keeps carrying his team into success like P. Kane did for the Hawks previously, who can really say Laine isn't as important player as the center of his team is?

Time will tell how things go but right now it's not fair to say Laine will be the lesser player of Eichel and Matthews just because he doesn't play center.

Maybe he shouldn't skate through the middle with his head down then?
I think you should stop with the insecure replies. You can do better.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Lopsided poll in favour of McDavid & Laine: 96% to 4% (47-2). Thread is starting to go as well as most threads involving Matthews and Laine do as well.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad