TSN: Mcdavid has lost 10 lbs due to illness for 2 weeks.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Isn't McLellan also looking a lot thinner than usual? Maybe there is some bug going through the team.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
And still putting up over a point a game. What a player.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Yeah I think most ppl knew this which is crazy being how productive he still was. There’s been a bad bug going around lately. I got hit with the same thing and bunch of other ppl I know are dealing with it as well.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The guy sets a pretty good example for his teammates. When your leader shows up sick as a dog, you had better show up too. Wouldn’t be shocked if half the team is puckered and trying to avoid taking any big body s/hits.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Watch Spector somehow blame McDavid for this too on twitter:

"It's unnacceptable for McDavid to wear the letter C and be sick. He let his teammates down. If he's sick then the whole team is sick.
He was given the C to early. "

Reactions: The Bored Man

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Can only assume that Mark Spector was also privy to this information. Makes his article ripping McDavid look even more pathetic and disgusting.
To be fair I'd argue it's the timing that made his comments questionable. McDavid's sometimes lackadaisical defense and careless turnovers weren't exactly new.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
I wasn't too sure about the flu being a team wide thing until I saw Talbot play yesterday. His body language when moving from his knees to standing just screamed flu to me.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I wasn't too sure about the flu being a team wide thing until I saw Talbot play yesterday. His body language when moving from his knees to standing just screamed flu to me.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and say everyone has the flu. Talbot has been the same since game 1, horribly inconsistent this season

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
To be fair I'd argue it's the timing that made his comments questionable. McDavid's sometimes lackadaisical defense and careless turnovers weren't exactly new.

I have to agree. Whatever the case, hopefully he gets back to 100% soon and get this team going in the right direction for the rest of the season because if he is firing on all cylinders there's an outside chance he could put us back in contention for the final playoff spot.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Watch Spector somehow blame McDavid for this too on twitter:

"It's unnacceptable for McDavid to wear the letter C and be sick. He let his teammates down. If he's sick then the whole team is sick.
He was given the C to early. "

Spector's just a dinosaur desperate to stay relevant.

Never says a peep about guys like Lucic or Russell, but keeps a scope trained on the skill guys. Pretty pathetic.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
the-story-of-what-really-happened-to-macaulay-culkin-when-his-star-started-to-fade-pictur-448394.jpg

He looks fine:naughty:

Reactions: Canada Drai

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
^ LOL

You could tell something was wrong with him. Hopefully the flu hit most of the team and it explains some of the lacklustre hustle.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Just throwing it out there but you don't lose 10 lbs of muscle/fat in 2 weeks. Most of that is water weight which he'll gain quickly.

Shouldn't affect his future play, but definitely a tough thing to play through.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Just throwing it out there but you don't lose 10 lbs of muscle/fat in 2 weeks. Most of that is water weight which he'll gain quickly.

Shouldn't affect his future play, but definitely a tough thing to play through.
Probably both water and glycogen weight. I'd assume he's probably having trouble mustering up much of an appetite and keeping the food down. You could lose 10 lbs of muscle and fat if you laid in bed for 2 weeks straight lol, which Connor obviously is not.

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
Really impressive how hes performing during this illness. Hope he gets over it soon and goes back to the super speedy mcdavid we know and love.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad