Confirmed with Link: McCormick for Beaudin

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
By necessity or by actually bring decent?

i dont understand the trade from the Avs POV.
To me he was a decent player and had a shot to play in the NHL one day. But now that he's in the Ottawa system i think his chances are even bigger to play with the Sens even more so if you take the french factor into the equation.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Kinda like us dealing Gagne.

Klimchuk was looking like a good reclamation project until he injured himself for the season. Hopefully we have better luck with Beaudoin (like SJ with Perron). Colorado's development system is pretty trash so maybe we can turn him in the right direction.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
i dont understand the trade from the Avs POV.

Seems like a deal to help the AHL team and make a push for the playoffs there.

McCormick is a complete scrub as an NHLer, but he's a top-6 guy in the AHL who plays his heart out. Good guy to have as a playoff addition (at that level).

The trade signals to me that the Avs have kinda given up on Beaudin.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Another win for Dorion

not-sure-if-pep0dc.jpg

Trading a better AHL player for a worse one (for now) is a win? I'm all in favour of getting rid of McCormick but Beaudin is barely making the lineup in the AHL.

Is it a win because McCormick makes more on a one way deal? You mean the deal that Dorion paid out for multiple years getting little to no NHL return and at the last minute dumped on the Avs so that their team could use him in a AHL playoff run?

Like I said, I'm glad McCormick will no longer take a few NHL minutes from a real prospect but nothing about this trade or Max McCormick and his association with Dorion screams win to me.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This is the reverse of the Gagne for Klimchuk deal.

Now this time we get the younger player that still may have a slight chance of ending up an NHLer, at the cost of downgrading at the AHL level.

Nothing trade in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Seems like a deal to help the AHL team and make a push for the playoffs there.

McCormick is a complete scrub as an NHLer, but he's a top-6 guy in the AHL who plays his heart out. Good guy to have as a playoff addition (at that level).

The trade signals to me that the Avs have kinda given up on Beaudin.

Absolutely they are trying to make room for contracts next year as Mccormick is a UFA and they can let him walk while Beaudin has another year.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh I liked him ,and he is a hell of alot cheaper than Zsmith in the bottom 6 .if just to add some grit down there ...But whatever not really anything special

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
I remember that rookie tournament where he fought someone and scored a goal and we pencilled him into the future top 6.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Another win for Dorion
High fives from everyone. Followed by,.......”who the f*** is beaudin?”

I like the trade it is actually a win. A very small one again. He wins the tiny insignificant moves and gets destroyed on all the significant ones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad