Maybe old news but … Brave browser

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I use it from time to time. Chrome loves to refresh on this site. At one point there was an option on the site to turn off auto refresh, but I haven't been able to find it.

Brave has been the only solution, keeps me from having to deal with the long process of random site refresh > manual refresh to get a portion of my text back > scroll to the bottom after waiting for the page to load for 5-10 seconds > hope I finish what I'm writing before it decides to refresh again and not have to do the whole process all over again...

Reactions: Llewzaher

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I use it from time to time. Chrome loves to refresh on this site. At one point there was an option on the site to turn off auto refresh, but I haven't been able to find it.

Brave has been the only solution, keeps me from having to deal with the long process of random site refresh > manual refresh to get a portion of my text back > scroll to the bottom after waiting for the page to load for 5-10 seconds > hope I finish what I'm writing before it decides to refresh again and not have to do the whole process all over again...
This is so accurate.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
This is so accurate.
Do you use brave? I was writing a reply to this on chrome and the fricken site did it again! I moved over immediately haha.

I spend 99% of my web browser time on here and capfriendly (I use the internet for youtube/streaming/video games/reddit and so on, but it terms of a browser I mostly use those 2 sites). I do have a ton of passwords saved on chrome, which is the only thing holding me back from making a full switch.

I also understand the issue occurs with other browsers like Safari, and some Firefox users. My understanding is the ads are somehow causing the refresh. I didn't get into the weeds but considering I have no ads on Brave, and I don't have a refreshing issue, I'm inclined to believe it's accurate.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Do you use brave? I was writing a reply to this on chrome and the fricken site did it again! I moved over immediately haha.

I spend 99% of my web browser time on here and capfriendly (I use the internet for youtube/streaming/video games/reddit and so on, but it terms of a browser I mostly use those 2 sites). I do have a ton of passwords saved on chrome, which is the only thing holding me back from making a full switch.

I also understand the issue occurs with other browsers like Safari, and some Firefox users. My understanding is the ads are somehow causing the refresh. I didn't get into the weeds but considering I have no ads on Brave, and I don't have a refreshing issue, I'm inclined to believe it's accurate.
Yup I have this issue on both Chrome and Safari, but not Brave

I have only had Brave today but man what a difference

Reactions: YotesFan47

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Unless you're really into being data mined, Chrome sucks ass. I would even use Edge and Safari before Chrome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad