GDT: May 7 • Austria 6, Latvia 3

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
While only rich parent can afford to pay for training their kids, nothing will change. Can state afford to pay for training all kids who want to train hockey? That's the question we have to answer.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
While only rich parent can afford to pay for training their kids, nothing will change. Can state afford to pay for training all kids who want to train hockey? That's the question we have to answer.

There are enough middle class citizens that can pay for it but just wont because its easier to send kids to basketball or soccer.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
There are enough middle class citizens that can pay for it but just wont because its easier to send kids to basketball or soccer.

That's the problem. That's why we have to decide how important hockey is. If it is, then the state has to support it. Open all ice rinks, that have stood idle and let the kids play. And change youth hockey coaches. They are useless.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
That's the problem. That's why we have to decide how important hockey is. If it is, then the state has to support it. Open all ice rinks, that have stood idle and let the kids play. And change youth hockey coaches. They are useless.

Well belarus does it.. how does that work our for them? any first rounders lately?:)

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Well belarus does it.. how does that work our for them? any first rounders lately?:)

What about Norway, Switzerland, Germany? We need a decent local league, not professional, but a normal league. We can't hope for the foreign teams to train our players. Besides, not all players want to play abroad.

Awww, 5:3 :facepalm:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
What about Norway, Switzerland, Germany? We need a decent local league, not professional, but a normal league. We can't hope for the foreign teams to train our players. Besides, not all players want to play abroad.

Awww, 5:3 :facepalm:

None of those team have state sponsored hockey,also i heard Lipmans wants to do something about our league,maybe this the last straw,huh? Somethings got to give.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
None of those team have state sponsored hockey,also i heard Lipmans wants to do something about our league,maybe this the last straw,huh? Somethings got to give.

Yes, the league has to be. Local patriotism, local club system is much better then hoping for charity abroad. And no more KHL, MHL controlling our hockey system.

Masaļskis sucks. He's really a terrible goalie now. And the worst is that there is noone to replace him. 6:3. it's even worse that against Russia.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Yes, the league has to be. Local patriotism, local club system is much better then hoping for charity abroad. And no more KHL, MHL controlling our hockey system.

Masaļskis sucks. He's really a terrible goalie now. And the worst is that there is noone to replace him. 6:3. it's even worse that against Russia.

KHL,MHL wont be a problem if we get our **** together locally.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Masaļskis sucks. He's really a terrible goalie now.

Have to agree. Where is that Masalskis who used to stand on his head?

Latvia is a team i always thought could manage more upsets than what they've managed so far. But it seems like they're going downhill.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

Well denmark is losing 2-1 to slovenia and they have 8 NHL players and bunch of good prospects,so were not the only ones :D

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

Latvia is a team i always thought could manage more upsets than what they've managed so far. But it seems like they're going downhill.

Atleast we have good prospects,in a few years will be good,you`ll see.:handclap:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
And once again we have to hope for NA prospects, if they ever manage to make it to NHL.

Girgensons-will definitley be in NHL
Bluegers-very skilled player has a good chance
Lipsbergs if he continues to improve,then he has top -6 potential
Rihards Bukarts if he goes to CHL,he could dominate

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme

You'll hear about us again. That cold shower was necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad