GDT: May 6 • Switzerland 5, Czech Republic 2

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Reffing has been horrible in this tournament but we didn't lose because of them.
I hate our defensemen around the offensive blueline. It's like you always know we lose the puck.
I hope Židlický comes

You know, the problem was that over the course of the entire game, the Fasél boys couldn't really defend our players without holding, hooking, clutching, grabbing etc. but the refs let it be. On the other hand, their first goal came after a joke of a call on Čáslava (no one can really say what he was supposed to commit), our second penalty was completely made up too. Hanzal gets high-sticked, there's blood all over his face but then again, nothing. I didn't like the third Swiss goal either, though the rule's interpretation has gotten pretty liberal over the last 10 years, so be it.

I'm not really concerned though, we see the same thing every year - the second tier teams get hot in the group stage, people talk about their chances to get some medal finally, then the play-offs come, and suddenly, business as usual.

Babula

May 31, 2012
You know, the problem was that over the course of the entire game, the Fasél boys couldn't really defend our players without holding, hooking, clutching, grabbing etc. but the refs let it be. On the other hand, their first goal came after a joke of a call on Čáslava (no one can really say what he was supposed to commit), our second penalty was completely made up too. Hanzal gets high-sticked, there's blood all over his face but then again, nothing. I didn't like the third Swiss goal either, though the rule's interpretation has gotten pretty liberal over the last 10 years, so be it.

I'm not really concerned though, we see the same thing every year - the second tier teams get hot in the group stage, people talk about their chances to get some medal finally, then the play-offs come, and suddenly, business as usual.

agreed.

In this point of view, I am satisfied to get 4th position in round robin. And may be, we will take it back from Switzerland in QF.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010

The bottom line is though, this the same every year - the second tier teams get hot in the group stage, people talk about their chances to get some medal finally, then the play-offs come, and suddenly, business as usual.

I know, I know and I get you. I saw all that too. Still, I think we should concentrate on our team more, learn and get better next match.
I'm staying calm, we just need to (don't know how to say that in english so I'm gonna say in czech) "dostat přes rypák" to get our team play better.
And if Židla comes I'm not afraid at all. No matter what opponent we get in the quarters.. We always prepare well for the big matches.

nada

Sep 27, 2006

You mean after 20 years of Fasel at the helm, the IIHF suddenly decided to favor Switzerland? Where was this bias all the previous years, or even when we were relegated to the B's under his watch? He didn't care then but suddenly now he's flexing his muscle? :shakehead

Babula

May 31, 2012
You mean after 20 years of Fasel at the helm, the IIHF suddenly decided to favor Switzerland? Where was this bias all the previous years, or even when we were relegated to the B's under his watch? He didn't care then but suddenly now he's flexing his muscle? :shakehead

Fasel is always biased against the Czechs. He hates us :sarcasm:

Dacop

Jan 19, 2013

Oh, that's almost sweet. You lost 5:2, never really had a chance, that's it. Suck it up!

We'll see what the QF brings, but even if they fail, they still did a brilliant job.

Reznor

Feb 20, 2013
Fribourg
good beer :cheers:

I follow you on this one, Czech bier FTW :)

Now they must confirm when they're are favourites against the "weaker" teams. They often had problems with that after playing rather well against the big nations.

Babula

May 31, 2012
I know, I know and I get you. I saw all that too. Still, I think we should concentrate on our team more, learn and get better next match.
I'm staying calm, we just need to (don't know how to say that in english so I'm gonna say in czech) "dostat přes rypák" to get our team play better.
And if Židla comes I'm not afraid at all. No matter what opponent we get in the quarters.. We always prepare well for the big matches.

I'd like to say, we need to be boosting our motivation as much as possible before the most important match. I am kind of glad, in supporting our rivality in Fasel case.

peachy89

Jun 1, 2010
Y I didn't like the third Swiss goal either, though the rule's interpretation has gotten pretty liberal over the last 10 years, so be it.

the iihf have a clear definition of kicking goal: kicks are when the player left the foot and kick it (like in soccer). that means: when the foot was the whole time on the ice, it's no kick!
that wasn't a liberal interpretation of the rule or anything ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad