GDT: May 5 • Germany 1, Russia 4

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
too bad, if the German team only had a better finish...
That said, hats of for Kovy.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Lol @ Radulov for showing off at the Germans after that goal. Sometimes he reminds me of that angry fat kid who picks on everybody at school and beats the weak students :laugh:

hage

Mar 9, 2011
Never hit the ref in the face with your stick, he'll remember that and get his payback with aweful decisions.

Interesting how both Finland and Russia need the referees help to beat a German team that they usually should beat easily

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Lol @ Radulov for showing off at the Germans after that goal. Sometimes he reminds me of that angry fat kid who picks on everybody at school and beats the weak students :laugh:

He's exactly that. Thank God he's a good hockey player.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
To be honest, Kovy doesn't look so thrilled playing with him. Doesn't even smile after scoring from his pass :laugh:

Kovalchuk doesn't celebrate very often his goals, but when he does, it matters. :laugh:

ilya-kovalchuk-celebrates-his-ot-goal-against-canada-in-world-championship-2008-final-17.jpg

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Never hit the ref in the face with your stick, he'll remember that and get his payback with aweful decisions.

Interesting how both Finland and Russia need the referees help to beat a German team that they usually should beat easily

To be fair, Germany was getting most of the calls in their favour before this goal.

A pity that they have so little to show for after playing two really good games. I just hope they don't blow all their energy on the big teams and then have nothing left for the teams they have to beat. That has been a problem in the past.

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004

Radulov alone is a reason enough to root against any team that he represents.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow

As indicated by shocking total of 1 penalty for the Germans? :laugh:

His line has scored 4 or 5 goals in 2 games. Kid should be the least of your concerns.
He plays like he's so small and scared.

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
As indicated by shocking total of 1 penalty for the Germans? :laugh:

Russia took their chances and would probably have won anyway.. but Ehrhoff was pushed and held in the zone when Rankel scored that not-given goal. Anyway, good game, and i always like watching Russia, except Radulov, he's a jerk. ;)

That being said, good game Germany, if they keep playing like this they might collect some more points and at least avoid relegation round.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

There is a lot of cause to celebrate, the way things are going so far. Kovy and Rady are working well again together, and the defense has only allowed 1 goal in 120 minutes. This is a good start - let's keep it up.

Great game by the Germans. I do respectfully disagree that the goal that was waved off should have counted. The rules clearly prohibit interfering with the goalie, and in this case, the guy was laying directly on top of him. The goal would count if it was judged that a defensive player pushed him on top of Varlamov, but it has to be a clear cut case where the defender obviously pushed him into the goalie. A close call will always be called no goal, because they have to protect the goalies from getting knocked down.

Btw, Switzerland 1 - Canada 1 after 2 periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad