GDT: May 10 • Belarus 1, Canada 4

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
God I hope one day Drouin and Stamkos can emulate what Giroux and Stamkos are doing in this tournament.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Bad penalty call for Canada.

Since the ice is so lopsided and Canada is up 3-0, refs are taking pity on Belarus.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
Perry - Getzlaf - E. Staal
Tavares - Crosby - Duchene
Stamkos - Giroux - St. Louis
Nash - Toews - M. Richards

Holy crap. I'm honestly so excited.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
Perry - Getzlaf - E. Staal
Tavares - Crosby - Duchene
Stamkos - Giroux - St. Louis
Nash - Toews - M. Richards

Holy crap. I'm honestly so excited.

I'd argue that Perry belongs nowhere near the 2014 team at this point. They tried the Getzlaf-Perry-Staal line in Vancouver (on the NHL-sized ice, where you'd think they would be most effective), and to put it bluntly they were pretty bad. I can't imagine they would look any better on the larger ice surface, as of those three only Staal is a good skater. It wasn't until Morrow replaced Staal that they actually started to produce.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
I'd argue that Perry belongs nowhere near the 2014 team at this point. They tried the Getzlaf-Perry-Staal line in Vancouver (on the NHL-sized ice, where you'd think they would be most effective), and to put it bluntly they were pretty bad. I can't imagine they would look any better on the larger ice surface, as of those three only Staal is a good skater. It wasn't until Morrow replaced Staal that they actually started to produce.

I agree. That Getzlaf line I listed will depend on how they are playing. More speed would definitely be a bonus, so I could see Hall/Benn on that line.

Getzlaf-Perry-Morrow were huge in the QF and Gold Medal game.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
I didn't watch a lot of Colorado this season, so I really missed out on Matt Duchene. This guy is a perfect combo of skill and speed. Just amazing.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
I agree. That Getzlaf line I listed will depend on how they are playing. More speed would definitely be a bonus, so I could see Hall/Benn on that line.

Getzlaf-Perry-Morrow were huge in the QF and Gold Medal game.

As long as Getzlaf keeps his current level of play up (physically dominant, 90+ point pace), I'd take him, despite his skating / mobility deficiencies.

You need to get Bergeron in your lineup, too...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad