Proposal: Max Pacioretty for Wayne Simmonds

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Wayne doesn't need a scenery change. He needs to get healthy. If we sell him, he's going for futures only, not another contract we won't be able to afford in 18 months.

cheers! we both agree!

but from a different team perspective!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Simmonds is a rare breed who is the heart and soul of his team AND does something only he and Hornqvist do at an elite level. So hell no from a Philly perspective.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Simmonds is a rare breed who is the heart and soul of his team AND does something only he and Hornqvist do at an elite level. So hell no from a Philly perspective.

Stand in front of the net on the power play?

Pacioretty is better than Simmonds. "Heart and soul" player my ass.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think the value is close, but we need Simmonds for PP1 right now. Eventually Patrick may take his spot in front of the net, which has to be a right hander with Giroux on the left wall, Voracek on the right wall and Ghost at the point.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think it works for either team. If I'm trading Patch, I'm looking for the Duchene type return. Not another guy who is UFA in 2 seasons. Flyers keep Simmonds and they might re-sign him IMO.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Trading Pacioretty for Simmonds would be terrible for the Habs.

Dont get me wrong. Im a Simmonds fan-but...

Pacioretty could fetch more than Simmonds.

I couldn't care less if Simmonds can hit and fight. Need skilled, speedy forwards now. We have "heart and soul" players.

Also, just based on team needs alone...

Trading Patches for an inferior, less productive winger doesnt help us. We would target a younger center or left handed D before another winger.

Pass from Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad