Player Discussion Max McCormick

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

These stats don't necessarely claim that Chiasson is good, they say 1 thing about his game while there is a lot more to look at but again, it does tell something.

Okay, fair enough. On the FF %, which Chiasson does positively, what does it actually tell about his game?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Okay, fair enough. On the FF %, which Chiasson does positively, what does it actually tell about his game?

That on average Chiasson has a positive impact on his teammates to takes more shots (- blocked shots) than the opposing team taking shots (- blocked shots) on us. Again, that doesn't say anything about the quality of those shots, but on average the teammates of Chiasson have the ability (although it's fairly close to 0, meaning he's just a slight positive compared to say, Karlsson) to get shots through when he's on the ice. That could be the result of a lot of things, but considering Chiasson doesn't play with quality players, it usually means that the player has the ability to win puck battles and get the puck to his teammates in the OZ and NZ.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Love him, said in the prospect polls that I see him as a better NHLer than Dzingel and I still feel that way. He will have a nice couple hundred game career as a 4th liner imo.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
He's been great winning board battles, good at cycling, and the scraps. Should stay up along with Claesson.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Me too. Love his hustle and tenacity. Absolute perfect 4th liner and would rather have him in the linenup over Chiasson, Neil.
He should be ,but he would have to play on his offwing ??If iam not mistaken

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I've been comparing him to Matt Cooke as a NHL comparable. I think that's pretty accurate given his start here. He should be able to contribute some offense and draw some penalties from the bottom 6. He is an upgrade over some who have played in those roles so far this season.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I've been comparing him to Matt Cooke as a NHL comparable. I think that's pretty accurate given his start here. He should be able to contribute some offense and draw some penalties from the bottom 6. He is an upgrade over some who have played in those roles so far this season.

Lol. I'd say more Max Talbot. Cooke is a grade A ****.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Lol. I'd say more Max Talbot. Cooke is a grade A ****.

Cooke was a way better hockey player than Talbot ever was. Him comparing Mccormick to Cooke is a great compliment. Other than his stupid plays trying to injure people Cooke was a fantastic 3rd liner.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yes I can see where you guys coming from but one of Cooke's biggest attributes was his absolutely scum **** ability to ruin other player's careers thus no one should be compared to Cooke. I don't care how close the similarities are. Lol i really really despise the guy.

Just say Gallagher/Marchand-lite.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Yes I can see where you guys coming from but one of Cooke's biggest attributes was his absolutely scum **** ability to ruin other player's careers thus no one should be compared to Cooke. I don't care how close the similarities are. Lol i really really despise the guy.

Just say Gallagher/Marchand-lite.

I say he has Cookes skillset mixed with pesstiness of a Marchand but actually drops the gloves like a Jordan TooToo. So he's a Mccoormatootoo

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Me too. Love his hustle and tenacity. Absolute perfect 4th liner and would rather have him in the linenup over Chiasson, Neil.

I concur.

Next year with Smith (if he's here) and ?

My hope would be

Hoffman - Johansen - Stone
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Puempel - Pageau - Lazar
Prince - Smith - McCormick

He replaces Neil's role quite well, allowing us to move forward.

Michalek, Neil, Zibanejad, Chaisson used as part of Johansen trade or to obtain picks/prospects

He's not listed on the website, so may have been sent down (?)

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I concur.

Next year with Smith (if he's here) and ?

My hope would be

Hoffman - Johansen - Stone
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Puempel - Pageau - Lazar
Prince - Smith - McCormick

He replaces Neil's role quite well, allowing us to move forward.

Michalek, Neil, Zibanejad, Chaisson used as part of Johansen trade or to obtain picks/prospects

He's not listed on the website, so may have been sent down (?)
Even if you don't trade Ziba for Johansen, those lines look very good to me. The crazy thing is that we could have those lines today, if we wanted to (minus Mac, of course).

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'd say he has Jarkko Ruutu potential

If everyone is healthy :

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Prince - Pageau - Michalek
McCormick - Smith - Lazar/Neil

Claesson - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Wiercioch/Borowiecki - Wideman

Use Chiasson and Cowen as trading chips, they don't fit with the team, give them the chance to resume their careers elsewhere, they are totally unappreciated among the fanbase anyways.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
img-logo-mccormick_200x200.jpg

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

If everyone is healthy :

Claesson - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci

Use Chiasson and Cowen as trading chips, they don't fit with the team, give them the chance to resume their careers elsewhere, they are totally unappreciated among the fanbase anyways.

Great lineup. This is exactly what I'd like to see if fully healthy.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

If everyone is healthy :

Claesson - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci

Nice lineup.

I would love to see Hoff on the top line, and Mac on the second, as an experiment. Turris dishing to Hoff would be magic....and Mac (if he regains his pre-concussion form) would be a great all-around boards guy to help dish to Zibby/Ryan. Only drawback would be a noticeable speed reduction on an already slow second line.

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
I think this kid has been pretty good, has shown great grit and had a few chances in front of net. Its only a matter of time before he scores his first goal imo.
I can see him playing a marchand type role, minus the offensive numbers.

Do you guys think he will stick with the team when our regulars come back?

Knew it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad