Value of: Max Domi - Mega Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Domi is also the oldest of the three and has been in trade rumours since the beginning of his career. He’s a disposable asset.

He’s way too inconsistent offensively. Boeser has struggled with injuries and he’s still outperforming Domi. Neither group are close to each other, but Virtanen is closer to Domi based on the fact that Domi has stagnated as a 2nd liner and Virtanen still has potential as a power forward.

Domi is 25, not 30. You were way off on your evaluation. Just admit it

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I never said the difference was Caulfield. You are quoting the wrong poster. I said I wouldn’t move Boeser for Domi as the two main pieces given Domi’s history. That’s all.

Not quoting you in particular. General comment of what is going on right now. Seems like Domi is a problem child and Boeser is like Laine to some. Ridiculous.

Domi has played with 2 teams yes and if he is traded, it's 3 teams before his age 25 season. But Boeser has not played a full season yet was my reply. So fair is fair when we want to talk about the flaws or concerns. It's not a one way street

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
it’s an intriguing trade, but i still think boeser has too much talent and potential to be traded away at his rock bottom value.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Boeser, Eriksson, Roussel, Benn, rights to Virtanen.

Let's make a big deal.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
We are talking about Caufield right now. I don't care about your belittle approach. You can go pound sand all day long with that narrative. Edge to Boeser over Domi. Gap is not the 16th or Caufield. Deal with it.

You try to belittle me and then you say Boeser has the talent Laine has. Take a look in the mirror bud! You should offer Boeser to the Jets for Laine straight up. See where that gets you with your bad proposal narrative you want to flip on me.
I find it funny cause when you talk you talk from a position of control and truth ? you think you are the head GM of HFboard Mtl, which you are not. you are a fan, that's it.

Most fans don't think like you and you don't have all the knowledge to yourself only

The way you act:
"this player is WORTH THIS, if you don't agree with me than you don't know MTL AT ALL"

and yes, Boeser has the talent of Laine + the perfect attitude. but he's just not 6'4

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
- Mtl is looking for a big scoring winger, and Boeser is exactly what Mtl needs + is the exact age of our core.
- Vancouver would need a good second line LW to play with Horvat
- Domi best friend is Horvat, the fit and needs match, a line of Domi/Horvat would be amazing to watch, while having amazing chemistry
- I can see MTL over-paying a little bit for a player like Boeser because of how well the fit is.
- MTL can take one of Beagle, Baertschi or Roussel and make them work on the 4th, and it helps Vancouver.
- Could also see Vancouver interest in Poehling ?

Deal is based around Domi re-signing in Vancouver

:habs

- Brock Boeser
- Antoine Roussel ( help the cap space, but could be a strong leader for players on the 4th)

:nucks

- Max Domi (Re-signing at 5.5M x4)
- 2020 first round pick (16th)
- Cam Hillis (good young fast center that took big strides this year and is a future #3c)

---------------------------------

IS there an other player Like Caufield that would interest Vancouver more ? a Domi + Caufield package could work too.

:habs

- Brock Boeser

:nucks

- Max Domi (Re-signing at 5.5M x4)
- Cole Caufield
Montreal aren't making either of these trades .

Reactions: Archijerej

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
I actually really like the 1st proposal for the Canucks. Even with Domi being inconsistent, so has Boeser with his health. Plus moving out salary and getting back into the 1st round would be fantastic. Opens up Pearson to be moved for a RHD or for a RW. At worst it would drop Pearson down to the 3rd line which is probably where he should be on a contending team anyways.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I guess we’ll see Domi’s value once he’s dealt. I’ll come back to this shortly.

Probably says we keep him, send him to arbitration and he comes into next year with a more stable role and on a mission to prove the doubters wrong. I've seen Flyers fans talk about Ghost and how AV treated him and even other fans are willing to acknowledge it. But for some reason, Domi does not get the same benefit of doubt when Julien bounced him all over the line-up. What's up with that eh?

Domi put up 72 pts and 28 goals in his age 23 season playing with Shaw, Drouin, Byron, Lehkonen types. Only 15% of that on the PP. And some think that was a fluke? He's played with 3rd line talent or fringe top 6 talent his entire 5 year career. He's not a perfect forward but his offensive ability is not in question. Julien was hard on him for his defensive commitments.

There you go. Good negative and positive context on Domi. I did that back when with Patch and same approach with Domi. They are much better than what you see on HF boards.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I find it funny cause when you talk you talk from a position of control and truth ? you think you are the head GM of HFboard Mtl, which you are not. you are a fan, that's it.

Most fans don't think like you and you don't have all the knowledge to yourself only

The way you act:
"this player is WORTH THIS, if you don't agree with me than you don't know MTL AT ALL"

and yes, Boeser has the talent of Laine + the perfect attitude. but he's just not 6'4

Not talking to you with your narrative. You seem to have a problem that I have an opinion you don't agree with and you turn it into a poster attack. That's not debating in good faith

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If Boeser is traded it will be for a young D. Full stop.
There’s really no point in trading one of our best young forwards for another forward who has issues already. It’s a lateral move at best. And that’s being generous.

Last edited:

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
It seems Domi could be had right now and I think he could fit the Canucks very well for two reasons.
1. He is a pass first LW which fits well with Horvat being a shoot first C
2. Domi can also play C so he could strengthen the 3C position

I know Canucks need to move some cap around I wonder what it would take to get Domi

I've seen in a few places Virtanen might be of interest to the Canadiens

Is there a deal there somewhere? What is the value.

Virtanen + ?
Gaudette
Demko

Perhaps canucks could ship Baertchi or Sutter in the deal also to gain cap space

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t see it. Montreal would want an equivalent winger. Virtanen’s not that and Demko does nothing for them

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Are you suggesting Virtanen + Gaudette + Demko? Or three individual proposals of Virtanen+, or Gaudette, or Demko?

Actually, either way they're all absolutely terrible offers. And you want to dump salary in the deal as well? Yikes, this thread is going to be locked fast.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I don’t see it. Montreal would want an equivalent winger. Virtanen’s not that and Demko does nothing for them
They do have some cap space for the upcoming season if the Canucks could sweeten the pot and throw in Baertchi or Sutter

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Are you suggesting Virtanen + Gaudette + Demko? Or three individual proposals of Virtanen+, or Gaudette, or Demko?

Actually, either way they're all absolutely terrible offers. And you want to dump salary in the deal as well? Yikes, this thread is going to be locked fast.
I was just mentioning some of the players that could be in the deal. Obviously if a cap dump were included there would be a price for that.

I'm more asking people the value. Give it a go?

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
If Boeser is traded it will be for a young D. Full stop.
There’s really no point in trading one of our best young forwards for another forward who has issues already. It’s a lateral move at best. And that’s being generous.
Unless it's part of a package for Eichel of course...:naughty:

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
It seems Domi could be had right now and I think he could fit the Canucks very well for two reasons.
1. He is a pass first LW which fits well with Horvat being a shoot first C
2. Domi can also play C so he could strengthen the 3C position

I know Canucks need to move some cap around I wonder what it would take to get Domi

I've seen in a few places Virtanen might be of interest to the Canadiens

Is there a deal there somewhere? What is the value.

Virtanen + ?
Gaudette
Demko

Perhaps canucks could ship Baertchi or Sutter in the deal also to gain cap space
There’s nothing in that deal that motivates Montreal To move Domi

Virtanen is a bottom six winger who’s never been a goal scorer. Pass

Guadette is redundant (Poehling)
Montreal is set in goal now and in the future (Price, Allen, Primeau)

and you want Montreal to take a cap dump in Sutter or Baertschi too? Easy pass from Montreal

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
There’s nothing in that deal that motivates Montreal To move Domi

Virtanen is a bottom six winger who’s never been a goal scorer. Pass

Guadette is redundant (Poehling)
Montreal is set in goal now and in the future (Price, Allen, Primeau)

and you want Montreal to take a cap dump in Sutter or Baertschi too? Easy pass from Montreal
I didn't even propose a trade just mentioned some players. Obviously would pay more to include a cap dump.

Boeser could even be in the deal.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I didn't even propose a trade just mentioned some players. Obviously would pay more to include a cap dump.

Boeser could even be in the deal.
And I listed how none of the pieces you included have much, if any, value to Montreal in a trade for Domi.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
- Domi
- Blues 2nd
for
- Virtanen
- Podkoolzin

No deal? Sure. Habs are not interested then. The only other move I would make for Virtanen is Fleury and the Blues 2nd. Still no deal? OK, we can move on then. Canucks can talk to other teams with their cap issue solutions.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
- Domi
- Blues 2nd
for
- Virtanen
- Podkoolzin

No deal? Sure. Habs are not interested then. The only other move I would make for Virtanen is Fleury and the Blues 2nd. Still no deal? OK, we can move on then. Canucks can talk to other teams with their cap issue solutions.
Podzolkin is a non starter. And none of those trades helps the Canucks ‘cap issues’. In fact they make them even worse. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad