Post-Game Talk: Matty Almost Hatty - Leafs win 7-3

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I'm happy for the win, but gawd darnit, that drop pass on our PP is going to drive me around the bend. So bloody predictable.

Good to see Timmins back, 16+ minutes, let's see what he can do over a few games.

Liljegren leading the team with over 22 minutes of ice time. Keefe giving him the chance to prove himself...I like it.

An impressive game for Bert, AM and Domi.

JT with 11 points in his last 8 games.

It's going to be interesting to see how Keefe arranges the lines when Marner and Jarnkrok come back. I don't know who fills the 3C role, but there seems to be enough O right now to present 3 lines with some scoring punch. I think I'd try:

Bert Matthews Domi
Knies/Robertson Tavares Marner
McMann Nylander Jarnkrok
Holmberg Kamph Dewer

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
What a great game. Caps fighting for their lives and the Leafs put their foot down on their throats. I wonder where all the people are who were saying if Keefe was a good coach they would start the game off on fire? lol

The Domi-Matthews-Bertuzzi line is something special. This game was a great demonstration of how good of a coach Keefe is. Had the magic touch with the lines and line up decisions. Bold move to sit Brodie.

And what can you say about Bobby McMann? Exactly the type of guy you need stepping up in the playoffs. Keefe bring out the best in him.

And great to see the Brick Woll back in the net.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
What a great game. Caps fighting for their lives and the Leafs put their foot down on their throats. I wonder where all the people are who were saying if Keefe was a good coach they would start the game off on fire? lol

The Domi-Matthews-Bertuzzi line is something special. This game was a great demonstration of how good of a coach Keefe is. Had the magic touch with the lines and line up decisions. Bold move to sit Brodie.

And what can you say about Bobby McMann? Exactly the type of guy you need stepping up in the playoffs. Keefe bring out the best in him.

And great to see the Brick Woll back in the net.
Are you Keefe’s Dad???

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
The best and worst thing about this team is they can as easily win 7-3 as lose 3-2 each every night. Nothing surprises me, good or bad anymore.

That just doesn’t feel like a Championship trait.

They had a nice game but I think we need to slow our roll a bit with Domi on the top line come playoff time.
He and Bertuzzi defensively against other top lines sounds like a recipe for disaster
Might have to put Willy there with Domi.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Some good lineup decisions tonight.

Max works with Matthews I think because he can dart around the ice, somewhat like Marner. Creates an interesting option of not having to play M&M together.

Thought Tavares, Nylander and Bertuzzi were excellent. Most of the other guys were fine.

Did not miss Brodie. His play has declined so much. Thought the rest of the D were good, and I thought McCabe and Timmins stood out as being very good with Timmy continuing to show well.

Woll wasn't overly impressive, but good enough tonight. Assume Sammy Saturday, Wolly Sunday?

I don't like Knies' game right now, he is struggling to make even the simplest of plays. The length of the season has really worn him down it seems. Candidate for some nights off down the stretch?

McMann continues to impress. His mobility plays a big factor for him to be impactful, seems to have a good head as well.

Expected win delivered. Combination of embarrassing effort vs Philly + Caps coming off a west coast trip led to cookie night.

Large weekend awaits vs two very good opponents. Looking forward to it.

Edit: That PP is disgusting. Running out of words to describe it. So predictable on the entries it is lunacy at this point. The drop back entry is fine if mixed with a couple others... the PK group is never challenged since they know what is coming EVERY TIME. Lazy strategy.

Last edited:

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Tavares with 8 points in his last 3 games and 6 goals in his last 9.

He has looked better lately.
His grit in the dirty areas is noticeable and where he shines.

Good game Matthews with Domi is something

Benoit and McCabe our legit stop you at the blueline pair

Bert - Matthews - Domi
Knies - Tavares - Marner
McMann - Holmberg - Nylander
Dewar - Kampf - Reaves

Hard

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They had a nice game but I think we need to slow our roll a bit with Domi on the top line come playoff time.
He and Bertuzzi defensively against other top lines sounds like a recipe for disaster
Well the opposing team usually played their shutdown line against AM in playoffs, thus don't think it matters if Domi and Bert ain't the best defensive players.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Well the opposing team usually played their shutdown line against AM in playoffs, thus don't think it matters if Domi and Bert ain't the best defensive players.
It does though because other top players will be able to exploit their weaknesses. I like both players but they are prone to f*** ups

I don't like Knies' game right now, he is struggling to make even the simplest of plays. The length of the season has really worn him down it seems. Candidate for some nights off down the stretch?
Knies had his best month of the season in February and was playing well until he got his bell rung by that twat Marchand. Would maybe give him a bit more rope to gather himself together

Reactions: wingman75

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It does though because other top players will be able to exploit their weaknesses. I like both players but they are prone to f*** ups

Knies had his best month of the season in February and was playing well until he got his bell rung by that twat Marchand. Would maybe give him a bit more rope to gather himself together
Well if the opposing shutdown lines are players like Kampf, Riley Nash and Lars Eller. Don't think it would matter much. But if the opposing shutline are players like Bergy, Point and Stone. Thats another story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad