Player Discussion Matt Murray (G) - 4 years, $6.25M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
People love him when he plays, but when we're discussing team management decisions, people pretend he doesn't exist, or pretend acquiring him wasn't a management decision.
OK I don't see that but I genuinely don't look for it either...don't get too deep in the overall management discussions.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
To be honest Playah I think that's the ideal scenario. It means Thomson would have passed the DJ test to play top-4. The way Sanderson plays right now, I think he will be just fine, especially with Artem "the most interesting man in the world" Zuuuub!

I would still grab another true veteran defenceman somewhere to round out the top-6. A true veteran who can play, not a 7th/8th defenceman overpaid to play the role.

Make the added D a top 4 defenseman and play Thompson on the 3rd pairing for a year or two to let him gain experience at the NHL level before advancing up the roster.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Make the added D a top 4 defenseman and play Thompson on the 3rd pairing for a year or two to let him gain experience at the NHL level before advancing up the roster.

Same approach for JBD when he becomes NHL ready.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
No point of him being on the 3rd pair… let him play 1st pair minutes in Belleville..

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Or let him continue to play 20 minutes with Chabot. Seems to be working well, no need to make any changes. Everyone develops at their own pace, and Lassi has already been developing at the pro level so it’s not like he’s being rushed.

I like the idea of Zub and Sanderson when he arrives. Zub can minimize the consequences of mistakes and growing pains, while also facilitating Sanderson flexing on offence.

We’re still in the development stage of our seriously young team. So we can allow mistakes to happen. Expectations for team success are still pretty low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad