Waived: Matt Moulson

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I love Moulson but yeah he was on the decline for awhile. Wish him the best.

Because of JT, Moulson got overpaid, Okposo slightly overpaid, Parenteau with the Avs got overpaid, interestingly though Brad Boyes got a one year million dollar deal after he played with JT. I expect to see Josh Bailey get at least $5 mil per year.

Bailey is the Islanders secret weapon that makes other players look good. I have done a complete 180 on him . I hope like hell the Isles sign him to an extension. I do not think for 1 second that he is simply a byproduct of playing with Tavares. Earlier in the year when Bailey was playing on another line, it was the Bailey line that produced while the Lee, JT, Eberle line was more or less lost.

It took Bailey a long time to get here, but he'd play on the top 6 on any team in the league now. I've never been more happy to be more wrong about a pro athlete than I am with Josh Bailey.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
If his stat line looked anything better then the current 14GP and zero points I could see a team maybe being interested next season for $2m.

Right now, especially if he does get assigned to the AHL, I can’t see a team taking him even at $2m next season.
His stat line reflects the team, they are terrible. My thought was they trade McGinn who is making 3.50 in real money with a 3.333 cap hit. They clear the way for a younger guy and get a 13th forward/vet for 2 million in real money and a 5 million cap hit.

They save 1.50 in real money and gain 1.667 in cap for one year. As a cap team, that is what I am looking for.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
Bailey is the Islanders secret weapon that makes other players look good. I have done a complete 180 on him . I hope like hell the Isles sign him to an extension. I do not think for 1 second that he is simply a byproduct of playing with Tavares. Earlier in the year when Bailey was playing on another line, it was the Bailey line that produced while the Lee, JT, Eberle line was more or less lost.

It took Bailey a long time to get here, but he'd play on the top 6 on any team in the league now. I've never been more happy to be more wrong about a pro athlete than I am with Josh Bailey.
Oh I don't disagree at all. In fact I agree that he's been a great playmaker, I've always rooted for the guy. He is finally entering his prime and I hope he stays after years of verbal profanities from fans lol. I just think that playing with JT helped him elevate his game. So not to say he's a byproduct of JT, but JT helped him improve his play.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
(1) Okposo rarely played with Tavares in NYI; and (2) His problem stems from a medical issue that kept him in the hospital all last spring. He was perfectly fine his first year in Buffalo.
It doesn't change the fact that they both looked like money in NYI and turned to dust when they left. Kind of PA on the illness to Okposo there... You're assuming I didn't know that and if you follow hockey to any degree you would know that was one of the biggest stories last year. It doesn't change that fact that this is now another terrible contract on a former NYI winger who moved on and both are still under contract for Buffalo. Slice it any way you want, and I feel badly for Okposo, but the business side of it remains the same regardless of how they got there. It's too bad because I really liked both guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad