Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
This should go over well...

So who is on their way out?

Wild card is Leino..

I fear it's Scott tho

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Hodgson to IR? One of the 8 defensemen back to Rochester in advance of the Spengler Cup?

Yeah..that's probably it... I think they said Sulzer is ready ...so either him or McNabb back to Rochester.... Hopefully McNabb if he isn't going to get PT.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Gotta be a short term thing. No way the sabres would send the Amerks over for the Spengler cup without their captain......

I could see this -- temporary call-up -- being the case if Hodgson is still out but only for a few more days. Otherwise you have to wonder if it's not how they want their roster to be, with, assuming they send McNabb down, only 7 defensemen.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I could see this -- temporary call-up -- being the case if Hodgson is still out but only for a few more days. Otherwise you have to wonder if it's not how they want their roster to be, with, assuming they send McNabb down, only 7 defensemen.

Yeah... so it's basically Ellis for Grigs.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Yeah... so it's basically Ellis for Grigs.

If that's the case, though, then he doesn't go back to Rochester for the Spengler Cup because it's taking place at about the same time.

Edit: "the same time" as the World Juniors, that is

Last edited:

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Ellis is likely just a short-term sub at center while Hodgson recovers from whatever he's dealing with.

I will be curious to see when/if Ellis has to go on waivers to be returned to Rochester whether Ruff will ask Nill to claim him. We all remember how fond Ruff was of Ellis.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Ellis is likely just a short-term sub at center while Hodgson recovers from whatever he's dealing with.

I will be curious to see when/if Ellis has to go on waivers to be returned to Rochester whether Ruff will ask Nill to claim him. We all remember how fond Ruff was of Ellis.

Pretty sure re-entry waivers are a thing of the past.....

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Yea short term. With CoHo banged up (although some think it's poor play related :biglaugh:) Ellis coming up for a game or two makes sense.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Pretty sure re-entry waivers are a thing of the past.....

He mentioned waivers to be returned to Rochester. Re-entry waivers refer to waivers some players had to pass through to be called up to the NHL after being waived. If Ellis plays 10 games or is on the roster for 30 days, he'll have to be waived again to be sent down. This was not changed under the current CBA

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011

good Ruff can take Ellis,Mcormik,Scott and any other 4th line player that's getting in the way of PT for our young guys

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
good Ruff can take Ellis,Mcormik,Scott and any other 4th line player that's getting in the way of PT for our young guys

The only people getting in the way of PT for young guys are Nolan and LaFontaine. We were playing a lot of rookies, then those two came in and made it a priority to put those rookies in developmental leagues.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad