Injury Report: Matt Dumba (Upper-body, out significant amount of time)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's in Calgary with family, and will have surgery when he comes back. Sometimes they want to wait for the swelling to go down before they go in.

Reactions: Coach Parker

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Okay, so he's pretty much out for the rest of this season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't sound like the type of injury that should effect him in the future. So it's not all bad.

space321

May 11, 2011
It wouldn't be so bad if this team tanked and ended up with a top 3 or 5 draft pick. Could get a really good young player and with Kaprizov coming over it could solidify the future.

Reactions: nstarjim

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
That's rough. Doubt he will play this season, but should be 100% for next season. Wonder if they call up Murphy or Belpedio.

Will this mean the end of the playoff streak? And some changes? Maybe they can win the lottery like Philly and Carolina did!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One of Murphy or Belpedio has to come up, no? Both can play the PP, and Murphy looked ok with Brodin last year. Pateryn is not a second pairing guy, and is certainly not a PP guy.

That's where we are really going to miss Dumba. Spurgeon will have to take his place as PP shooter, but he's really best as an all round guy on the point. I'm not seeing a forward yet who has looked good on the Pp point, so it'll probably be Suter, Brodin, and a call up.

Prosser should only be played in emergencies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
One of Murphy or Belpedio has to come up, no? Both can play the PP, and Murphy looked ok with Brodin last year. Pateryn is not a second pairing guy, and is certainly not a PP guy.

That's where we are really going to miss Dumba. Spurgeon will have to take his place as PP shooter, but he's really best as an all round guy on the point. I'm not seeing a forward yet who has looked good on the Pp point, so it'll probably be Suter, Brodin, and a call up.

Prosser should only be played in emergencies.
I sure hope so. The forwards have definitely gotten used to being able to pass it back to defensemen that can handle the puck, and Pateryn was a notable weak point in that respect. I like him just fine on the 3rd pairing, but he doesn't cut it in the top-4.

Murphy did alright with Brodin last year, he'll be a UFA this summer and is probably hungrier than anyone for a 3 month opportunity to show what he can do in the NHL. If he stinks, call up Belpedio and we can see if he sinks or swims.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Okay, so he's pretty much out for the rest of this season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't sound like the type of injury that should effect him in the future. So it's not all bad.
Agreed, shouldn't have long term implications. This is an injury that is most likely weight room related, not in-game related.

MehMild

Not someone whose name means testicles.
Jan 25, 2017
Do you? Were you in the gym when he tore his peck?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Do you? Were you in the gym when he tore his peck?
No, but it's a common weight lifting injury. Not a common hockey injury.

It's not always apparent when the injury occurs in the gym either... and Dumba said he doesn't know when it happened. It's more likely this happened in his off-ice workout regimen at some point.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And what was "Do you?" in reference to? Seems like if your going to be a dick, you might try a little harder to make sense.
The two posts preceding have since been deleted by mods, so you are seeing an incomplete context.

AKL is right in his post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad