Confirmed with Link: Matt D'Agostini and conditional 7th to Devils for Conditional 4th or 5th Round Pick

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
guys i apologize if asked already...so what kind of player is nj picking up...we need forward speed did we get that?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
guys i apologize if asked already...so what kind of player is nj picking up...we need forward speed did we get that?

His shot is his greatest asset. He's got good speed, and can absolutely fire the puck. Defensively he's nothing special, but he's definitely a solid pick up for a 5th round pick. He's better than most guys you would get in the 5th round :laugh: Solid player, we just didn't have room for him.

That's the kind of goal he scores most often. Use speed to create space, and fire the puck.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
His shot is his greatest asset. He's got good speed, and can absolutely fire the puck. Defensively he's nothing special, but he's definitely a solid pick up for a 5th round pick. He's better than most guys you would get in the 5th round :laugh: Solid player, we just didn't have room for him.

sounds like what the devils needed a speedy winger thanks for the advnaced scouting

stlweir

Sep 29, 2008
I'm surprised Dags market value was that low. Saved some cash and a roster spot.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Dags & conditional 7th to the Devils for conditional 5th or possible 4th in 2015? So much for high value in return! Just like Crombeen to Tampa for a 4th last summer. I'll go to sleep and await a real trade to rock the core of the Blues while you youngsters slam down those energy drinks making more asinine proposals since you don't sleep, just saying...

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
so can anyone tell me what to expect from D'Agostini? i find it hard to believe Lou made another Loktionov type move with a 5th rounder so what are his weaknesses?

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Yeah Armstrong trading for picks really hasn't impressed me yet with the Brewer, Boyes and this one. I guess Bishop was a good return and Crombeen was about fair value.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
so can anyone tell me what to expect from D'Agostini? i find it hard to believe Lou made another Loktionov type move with a 5th rounder so what are his weaknesses?

Not good defensively. He's a 3rd/2nd line tweener really. He's a decent player and IMO for a 4th or 5th he's a steal.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Korac just posted an article that clarified (and changed) his original understanding of the deal.

If the Devils qualify/re-sign D'Agostini, the Blues simply get a 4th round pick in 2015.

If the Devils don't qualify/re-sign, the Devils 5th rounder goes to the Blues and the Blues' 7th rounder goes to the Devils in 2015.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
Maybe there were better offers from teams that are in the West, and the Blues weren't willing to trade him certain places?

That could very well be. I'm not really complaining about the return, it just seemed like D'Ags + a little something(2nd or 3rd) would have been a decent package for a rental(not a spectacular player but a decent one). ****, we gave up Brewer for a worse package than that. But like I said the market is what it is. Who know's maybe there is a bigger deal in the works still.

Ultimately I am happy D'Ags will get a chance to play. I've never met him, but he strikes me as a good guy who appreciates his chance in the NHL and gives a good effort out on the ice even though the results may not always be there. It's hard for me to not root for guys like that.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I seriously doubt we were worried about trading Matt D'agostini to an in-conference/division team. I'd understand if it were backes or something but D'agostini? really? New jersey was probably the only one willing to give up a 4th i guess.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Basically they traded a decent asset for a late pick. Oh well, I guess something had to be done. Thought he would bring a bit better than that.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Considering the price that Pitt has paid, does anyone feel like we got short end of the stick?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
We traded Bryce Salvador for Cam Janssen. I think we should just never negotiate with Lou ever again.

Yeah, not Larry's best trade ever. To be fair though, we had just resigned Jackman, Salvy was a UFA-to-be, and there was no chance of him coming back at that point. Bryce aged better than most expected him to as well. Defensive defensemen werent as highly valued as they have been the past couple of deadlines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad