Confirmed with Link: Matt D'Agostini and conditional 7th to Devils for Conditional 4th or 5th Round Pick

Stang

Dec 4, 2007
Yeah I almost made a thread about it when the tweet came out but I kept hoping I'd hear the return before pressing Submit...but Strick has failed me :(

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Great news. At least we got something in return for someone who is expendable and had no place here instead of losing someone on waivers.

Stang

Dec 4, 2007
Dan ONeill
Blues have traded D'Agostini to NJ for a conditional 5th rounder. More shortly
1 minute ago from Twitter for iPhone

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Conditional 5th is better than either nothing or paying him 1.8M in the minors, which is what would've happened if he'd been waived tomorrow.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I know a conditional 5th isn't much....but the fact is that was the market. The Blues were in a tough spot with D'Ags since SOMEONE had to be exposed to waivers (assuming this means Oshie is coming back).

I applaud this otherwise minor-appearing move, because it means Porter has a roster spot with an eye toward the post-season. I think its the right call. I also would prefer Cracknell as an injury replacement over what D'Agostini was bringing.

I hope he can get his career back on track, but its much better the Blues part with him than lose Porter or Elliott to waivers. I suspect Elliott (or I suppose possibly Halak) will be traded in the offseason to make room for Jake Allen assuming he continues to show that he belongs in the NHL next season in training camp. Elliott will need to rehabilitate his value, but I have confidence that he will.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
From the Blues
ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced Friday the club has acquired a conditional fourth or fifth round draft pick in 2015 from New Jersey in exchange for forward Matt D’Agostini and a conditional seventh round draft pick in 2015.

So we get a 2015 4th for D'Ags + a 2015 7th if ?

I am guessing it is like P9's said or if he flat out signs.

Stang

Dec 4, 2007
Dan ONeill
Blues get conditional 4th or 5th round pick in 2015 from NJ for Mat D'Agostini and conditional 7th rdr

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Better than losing him to waivers. I hope he gets some playing time in NJ.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Devils twitter just says that the deal is for a conditional 7th in 2015...

I would say better than losing him for nothing, but it is the same really.

Fluff Master

Registered n00b
Feb 19, 2013
I thought he had a good run here for a while, I always liked him as a player, but he just vanished this season. Hopefully a change in scenery gets his spark going again.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
I'm a bit surprised we didn't get a little more for him or turn him into a rental d-man but the market is what it is I guess.

I wish you the best of luck with the Devils D'Ags!

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm a bit surprised we didn't get a little more for him or turn him into a rental d-man but the market is what it is I guess.

I wish you the best of luck with the Devils D'Ags!
Maybe there were better offers from teams that are in the West, and the Blues weren't willing to trade him certain places?

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Most expendable player on the roster that had no future and low trade value. I'll take the pick.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Korac replied on twitter to me that his understanding is if D'Agostini re-signs with New Jersey then in 2015 we exchange our 7th for their 4th. If D'Ags doesn't re-sign we simply get their 5th that year.

Link

@lkorac10 It is my understanding that if Devils resign D'Agostini, who is a restricted free agent this summer, the conditional pick becomes a 4th rd.

@lkorac10 @nachofiesta I'm waiting for specifics but it's my understanding they get 7th only if Blues get 4th. If not, then it becomes Dags for a 5th.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad