TSN Radio Matt Cauz is gone...

TheMadNavigator

May 7, 2015
The Junction
Cauz was good, Wheeler was shi.t.e and he should stick to soccer.

Saying that, if you guys expect all hosts to be stars on TSN Radio, then it will detract from how good Overdrive is.

You guys can't have your cake and eat it too.

Just sayin'

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Nothing against Cauz personally - I think he was a nice GUY . . . but . . . as a sports talk radio host, I am happy to see him go.

Tedious non-sequitur rants, low sports knowledge, self-infatuated, poor speaking skills . . . I mean, he sucked at what you SHOULD be good at for a sports talk radio person.

Buh bye.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
Can't do 590 anymore. Between mac and his country club of old buddies talking about god knows what... and all the other junk content. 1050 has overdrive ( best and most informative and entertaining Sports show). Cauz was very annoying.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Most people have a "face for radio." Matt Cauz and Garreth Wheeler had "voices for print."

How anyone was entertained and not annoyed by them, I will never understand.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I can't stand O'Sullivan right now. He needs to get that "I tell it like it is, and some people just don't like the TRUTH!" garbage out of his system. Beyond that he has potential.

I felt exactly the same about O-dog when he started with Hayes and Noodles. I think it is a bit natural for former players to get a bit overaggressive and overconfident on some subjects, probably because it hits close to home.

I think O'Sullivan is providing some of the best parts of Leafs Lunch at the moment. He is unpolished, sure. Sometimes he has long awkward pauses. But I totally agree with you, he has potential.

Never a big fan of Matt Cauz. I thought that Bob Mackowycz was the worst of the worst, though. The guy tore his own co-hosts down all the time. I get it is a cut-throat business, but he was just a jerk.

Am I the only one who is OK with Naylor and Landsberg?

Mowman

Jan 17, 2017
I felt exactly the same about O-dog when he started with Hayes and Noodles. I think it is a bit natural for former players to get a bit overaggressive and overconfident on some subjects, probably because it hits close to home.

I think O'Sullivan is providing some of the best parts of Leafs Lunch at the moment. He is unpolished, sure. Sometimes he has long awkward pauses. But I totally agree with you, he has potential.

Never a big fan of Matt Cauz. I thought that Bob Mackowycz was the worst of the worst, though. The guy tore his own co-hosts down all the time. I get it is a cut-throat business, but he was just a jerk.

Am I the only one who is OK with Naylor and Landsberg?

I really like Naylor and Landsberg... but we seem to be in the minority there.

I agree on your O'Sullivan points. He has potential. I honestly wouldn't miss him if he was gone, as he comes across very arrogant which just turns me off. However, his insight is way better than Andi's.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
That's what we need. Replace a third rate comedy show with a 2 bit comedy routine. I tune into sports radio for sports. I'll tune into Funny 820 if I need a laugh.

If you want strictly sports news, listen to 680 at 15 and 45 for the sports updates. Even sports talk radio needs filler for the dead air and like them or not, those two guys definitely know how to entertain an audience whether it be on the boob tube or over the airwaves.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

POS is kinda darker. Odog was much more goofy. He rips himself more than anyone else and it makes it all funny. POS doesn't make it fun. You can get sports information from anywhre. Their job is to keep it entertaining.

To me Cauz was funny and entertaining coz he is a goof.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
That's what we need. Replace a third rate comedy show with a 2 bit comedy routine. I tune into sports radio for sports. I'll tune into Funny 820 if I need a laugh.

Me too. Plus I recently started to get into podcasts Bill Burr, Adam Carolla, Joe Rogan. I drive around a lot, and I can't listen to these mediocre shows anymore. Best was original LL and then Tim and Sid on 590. It made my day fly by.

Feb 24, 2004
Me too. Plus I recently started to get into podcasts Bill Burr, Adam Carolla, Joe Rogan. I drive around a lot, and I can't listen to these mediocre shows anymore. Best was original LL and then Tim and Sid on 590. It made my day fly by.

For sports, nothing beats Pardon My Take.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
I actually liked Cauz. He wasn't amazing or anything, but he was ok, and seemed like a good guy. Wheeler was grating and I feel like he was the biggest reason they got canned.

TSN's quality is definitely going downhill ever since they moved OverDrive to the 4-7 slot. Naylor and Landsberg are awful, POS is bad, and Mac needs someone with him.

I wonder if O'Toole and Onrait will get a show. Overdrive will always be the best though.

They're going to be anchors on SC, I doubt they're going to do radio as well, especially since they'll probably keep their podcast.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i never understood the saying you can't have your cake and eat it too. why else would you have cake then?

eta: did they acknowledge the fact that Cauz lost the show?

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Cauz and Wheeler were the worst. I wish TSN didn't screw up their line up. It was the best with Mike Richards in the morning and then Leafs Lunch followed by the Brian Hayes show. I love the old LL crew but having ODog or Noodles try and talk about anything other than hockey is tough to listen to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad