Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Why shouldn't he ? His entire career, he has said that he is not doing it for the money (which his contracts and behavior has proven multiple times with the Rangers). This is likely to be his last "big" contract (any potential contract after this one is likely going to be in a supporting role rather than a "main line" player). Seeing how the Rangers just dumped him after a decade (i realize this is normal for you guys in the US, for people in Norway, its generally opposite. One is supposed to reward loyalty), my wager is that his numero uno priority by a mile, is job security. Job security carries a risk of its own to the management, and is usually somewhat offset by a lower salary. But we'll have to see i guess :)

The Rangers showed Zucc that loyalty doesn't pay off, he's done leaving millions on the table to help a team and get nothing back. In fact, he could see it as a little revenge on the Rags if he blocks that 1st, and definitely if he signs with the Islanders as well ;)

As for the Stars, I think there's still a chance he signs here, but it's smaller. Maybe Nill finds a little more to throw in, and then Zucc could consider the offer again since he knows this team.

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I read that his agent told Nill to try the open market this morning, and it`s one lifetime opportunity to do so and I support his decision. You write like you are emotionally invested about the whole Rangers topic and what happenend in the past in NY, @Webster And how it looks right now they gave Zucc away for almost nothing, but that is the risk some GM needs to take, and that did not work out very well.

Reactions: Hellion

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
The Rangers showed Zucc that loyalty doesn't pay off..
Which is why i said that "job security" was likely his number 1 priority :)
he's done leaving millions on the table to help a team and get nothing back.
In the specific case of the Stars, considering that Texas has no federal income tax (?), he really wouldn't.
In fact, he could see it as a little revenge on the Rags if he blocks that 1st, and definitely if he signs with the Islanders as well ;)
I dont think Zucc is the vindictive type :)

Reactions: Ori

usefulfiction

Jan 10, 2006
Prosper, TX
Which is why i said that "job security" was likely his number 1 priority :)

In the specific case of the Stars, considering that Texas has no federal income tax (?), he really wouldn't.

I dont think Zucc is the vindictive type :)

Texas has no STATE income tax. We do have federal.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
I'd rather have Nyqvist and a 1st than Zucc and a third.

The 2020 first round is going to be nuts. Next year has the best overall crop out of the OHL that I have seen.

Unless you think the Stars will be in the lottery next year I don't think the picks should factor in who we sign. Zucc has already shown chemistry here. Who knows if Nyqvist fits in here. Personally, I think we should be looking to acquire two players like that, not either or.

Reactions: Ori

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Unless you think the Stars will be in the lottery next year I don't think the picks should factor in who we sign. Zucc has already shown chemistry here. Who knows if Nyqvist fits in here. Personally, I think we should be looking to acquire two players like that, not either or.
Can't really rule that out with the roster as it is +/- Zuccarello doesn't change that possibility either

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

Outside of the lottery next year will have better players than in the lottery this year.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Friedman says Colorado is going for Panarin, but has heard they could be front runners for Zucc if they miss.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zucc will be a huge loss for the Stars, we're talking about a 0.83 point per game player, with a broken arm. But I understand your reactions if he decides to dump the Stars. No hard feelings, it's all business.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Zucc will be a huge loss for the Stars, we're talking about a 0.83 point per game player, with a broken arm. But I understand your reactions if he decides to dump the Stars. No hard feelings, it's all business.

Wow what a warrior, it's not like he took 6-7 weeks to heal up that broken arm or anything.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Stars will be fine if Zucc leaves, it's not like he came in and carried the team to the playoffs. Sure it will suck losing a guy who showed he had chemistry with the team, but adding a different top 6 forward along with (hopefully) the Hintz we saw during the last month or two of the season and they will be fine.

Give me a top 6 forward, a top 4 D, and our first round pick this offseason and I'll sit back and be waiting for game #1.

Reactions: masinaLFC

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Wow what a warrior, it's not like he took 6-7 weeks to heal up that broken arm or anything.

At his age, he was able to overcome what one can safely assume to be a rather serious injury based on the fact that it still wasn't 100% after that healing period and still managed to impact the Stars' playoff fortunes in a big way. I'm glad he took the time he needed to heal to make himself quite effective and not try to show-off what a "true warrior" he was by returning prematurely. That would certainly have been idiotic.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Pagnotta was on the ballwith Tavares news and Seguin’s extension last year. He’s done well to repair his reputation.

They give him quite a bit of air-time on NHLXM too, he's obviously got connections/sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad