Confirmed with Link: Mats Zuccarello Re-signs (1 year, $1.15M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
If you use those numbers (stolen from Glennsoe's post), which leaves out the entire defense from scoring a single goal, would give the Rangers 232 goals. That would have been good for 10th in the NHL in the last full season. If you take just the career per-game averages of the D to date:

Del Zotto - 8 goals
Falk - 1 goal
Girardi - 5 goals
McDonagh - 6 goals
J. Moore - 3 goals
Staal - 5 goals
Stralman - 4 goals

They would have tied Philly for the 3rd best offence in the league at 264, without any improvement from one of the youngest D-corps in the NHL. I'd be ecstatic if those numbers were true, but I don't buy it. This team has about a 1% likelihood of finishing in the top-3 league-wide offenses, but if they do, they should run away with the President's Trophy, Vezina/Jennings, and whatever they are calling the "Conference" winnner's trophy this year.

In the last 3 seasons (pro-rating this past year to 82 games), the Rangers have averaged giving up 192 goals. Do you see this team and roster being +72 in GF/GA differential? That's better than Pittsburgh/Boston last year, and only Vancouver's 2010 and Washington's 2009 have beaten that mark. Only 6 teams since the lockout (not including Chicago this year, although they were on pace for it) have been +70 or higher. Only twice in the last 4 seasons has it happened. Those are some lofty expectations...

My bad - Here are the rest...

In the Dobber Hockey 2013-14 Fantasy Guide, they predict the following point totals for the Rangers defense:
-Dan Girardi: 79 games, 5 goals and 25 assists
-Marc Staal: 72 games, 7 goals and 24 assists
-John Moore: 71 games, 3 goals and 15 assists
-Anton Stralman: 76 games, 5 goals and 15 assists
-Michael Del Zotto: 76 games, 11 goals and 37 assists
-Ryan McDonagh: 80 games, 7 goals and 25 assists
-Justin Falk: 64 games, 1 goal and 6 assists
-Dylan McIlrath: 20 games, 0 goals and 4 assists

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Was about to say that Justin Falk maybe was an error, 64 games, 1 goal and six assist. Then I checked his stats and it seemed resonable.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
The numbers don't add up for the defensemen. The top 6 defenders miss a total of 32 games. So, unless AV likes to dress 7 defensemen (doubtful), Falk is going to be sitting a great deal more than those "projections".

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Jim Cerny:
PJ: a few guys that are in NY skate at the TC, like Zuccarello...guys will start coming in to town late August and then it really picks up after Labor Day...trust me, we will have coverage on BSU!!!

Zucc has already hit the ice!!!

Punxrocknyc19*

Boyle already hit it 3 times :sarcasm:

on one shift while being hit from Daniel Briere who scored the GW while Boyle was flat on the ice :sarcasm: Sather better be smart and trade him..... i hope Sather does not let him go for nothing like Brandon Prust..... :help: if Rangers know they wont resign a player, they should trade him to get something, instead of getting nothing in return.... I think Boyle will be gone by the trade deadline.. by that time Lindberg and Miller will replace him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad