Confirmed with Link: Mathieu Olivier to CBJ for a 4th Round Pick

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Seems like he’d lost his spot in our lineup with Jeannots emergence so nice to get something for him and hopefully he can stick in the NHL for Columbus next season.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He was good energy but just took way to many bad penalties for what he ultimately brought to the table.

Makes me wonder what else Poile has up his sleeve.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I was playing with capfriendly's team builder JUST as the trade was going down.

Me: Where the f*** did Nashville get Toronto's 4th?

Me 3 minutes later: OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

1st, 2 3rds, 2, 4ths, a 5th, and a 7th

Last edited:

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Not a fan of this. Was hoping to see Jeannot move up into the top six and Olivier take over his spot on the Herd line.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We have enough toughness now that also brings other things to the table, so I think the writing was on the wall for Olivier. I hope he makes Columbus and will always appreciate the spark he brought to Herd 1.0.

But kudos to Poile for getting a pick for a guy who probably would have been on waivers after training camp.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We have enough toughness now that also brings other things to the table, so I think the writing was on the wall for Olivier. I hope he makes Columbus and will always appreciate the spark he brought to Herd 1.0.

But kudos to Poile for getting a pick for a guy who probably would have been on waivers after training camp.
Really I think if you are a GM and offered a 4th for a guy like that you almost don't have much choice but to take it.

Yeah 4ths don't often pan out, but we can afford to take that shot over him atm.

Reactions: Enoch and PredsV82

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
We just got a 4th for a guy who’s barely an AHL’er. It was nice he could provide that spark for a little while but in no way is he a legit NHL player.

That being said, all the best in Columbus, Mathieu.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Not a fan of this. Was hoping to see Jeannot move up into the top six and Olivier take over his spot on the Herd line.
Can still sort of do this. Turn Trenin-Sissons-McCarron into a higher TOI 4th line and roll three "scoring lines."

FF9-Granlund-Duchene
Jeannot-Johansen-Tomasino
Tolvanen-Glass-Kunin
Trenin-Sissons-McCarron

Or something along those lines (I'm actually thinking we make a trade or two). Maybe even flop Trenin and Kunin. I think the Herd was great, but they ran out of steam last season and their effectiveness declined as teams increasingly baited us into penalties or roughing/fighting infractions. Like JoFA, time to turn a new leaf.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Can still sort of do this. Turn Trenin-Sissons-McCarron into a higher TOI 4th line and roll three "scoring lines."

FF9-Granlund-Duchene
Tolvanen-Glass-Kunin
Trenin-Sissons-McCarron

Or something along those lines (I'm actually thinking we make a trade or two). Maybe even flop Trenin and Kunin. I think the Herd was great, but they ran out of steam last season and their effectiveness declined as teams increasingly baited us into penalties or roughing/fighting infractions. Like JoFA, time to turn a new leaf.
Kind of feel sorry for Glass in that situation

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Kind of feel sorry for Glass in that situation
Just spitballing and didn't necessarily completely think out the combos. I just want to move away from a minute heavy 3rd line in the Herd and an additional grinding 4th line. Let's relegate that to just a 4th line and then try to parcel out some of the grit and toughness (and in Trenin and Jeannot's case, some untapped potential skill too, I think) and channel it differently. I think if we can somehow trade off Kunin and Tolvanen and turn those (and other) assets into an actual top 6 winger then we are even better off (and let's see if a Novak, Afanasyev, Evangelista, etc... push for one of those top 9 spots).

Reactions: Gh24

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I start next year with the Herd and give them another chance. We should have the top-six spots filled with Tomasino and some UFA signings, so I don't see a reason to break up them at least from the get-go.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth

FF9-Granlund-Duchene
Tolvanen-Glass-Kunin
Trenin-Sissons-McCarron

get rid of kunin - maybe we can jettison him for a late 2nd?

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
He didn’t have much but always gave all he had. That’s really all you can ask. So, good job, thanks and best of luck.
The best part of this is a continuation of off-season movement just beginning to occur. There is evidence of some sort of roster planning prior to the draft. What’s next?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm kind of amazed that we got a 4th for him. CBJ scouts must have really seen something they like.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro

FF9-Granlund-Duchene
Tolvanen-Glass-Kunin
Trenin-Sissons-McCarron

Poile will definitely make a move for another top 6 forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad