Proposal: Massive trade ( one man can dream ) (MOD: CBJ/OTT - Tkachuk for lots of valuable assets)

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Let’s not do this. Gonna be a pissing match.

Sens say hell no to the offer and Columbus says hell no to any questions about Fantilli.

For the same reason Jenner isn’t available for picks and prospects, Tkachuk wouldn’t be available for a collection of lesser and younger pieces.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Young player with star player upside
High star player protential prospect (also high bust possibility)
Top ~5 pick
Heart and soul physical 2nd liner with a good contract

For
70-80pt pt physical young-ish guy who’s “led” his team to consistent poor performances

How could Columbus say no???
Don’t forget that Brady is the best playoff performer to never play a game in the post season.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
So you think a 70-80pt W is worth:

A recent 2nd overall pick likely to be better than Tkachuck as soon as next season

A recent top 5pick with high potential

A top 5 pick, likely top 3 pick

Another good prospect

I think we found a new candidate for “most overrated player in the NHL”
I’m not a fan of either team but I’d be asking a kings ransom for Tkachuk and accumulate youth. At the very least, Fantilli over Johnson honestly.

I agree. is there any player on Bluejackets other then Fantilli that gets it done ? ( prob not )
Based on this thread, It’s going to be more painful than what his brother went for at the time. Brady is an overall better player than Matthew and he went for a 1st, top line wing, top pairing defenseman and mediocre prospect. The OP offer doesn’t beat that at all.

• Haha
Reactions: UnSandvich

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Let’s not do this. Gonna be a pissing match.

Sens say hell no to the offer and Columbus says hell no to any questions about Fantilli.

For the same reason Jenner isn’t available for picks and prospects, Tkachuk wouldn’t be available for a collection of lesser and younger pieces.
If that first ends up being Celebrini, then that alone is more valuable than Tkachuck

I’m not a fan of either team but I’d be asking a kings ransom for Tkachuk and accumulate youth. At the very least, Fantilli over Johnson honestly.

Based on this thread, It’s going to be more painful than what his brother went for at the time. Brady is an overall better player than Matthew and he went for a 1st, top line wing, top pairing defenseman and mediocre prospect. The OP offer doesn’t beat that at all.
Brady is in no way shape or form the better player than Matthew. Lunacy to suggest otherwise

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I’d want fantilli but it isn’t a terrible offer. Problem is that Brady is a unicorn, very few players like him have come around in the past nor will many in the future. There aren’t many offensive threat, pest and an enforcer players packaged in to one. Brady is still only 24, not even in his prime yet, he’s likely to get even bigger which is scary to think. For that reason alone it takes a kings ransom for me, he’s a guy you build around. Every player on his line grows 6” and gains 30lbs due to his team / teammate first and relentless defense of anyone in his jersey. That goes way beyond his personal stats, he’s a multiplier.

Almost PPG with a horrendously coached first half of season while having 100+ PIMS, 150+ hits and his fighting this year is way way down. Heart and soul guy. If Brady is flying, everyone is flying.

Matthew T is older but smaller and more of a skill player, a pest but more of the annoying small cheap shot type and can‘t back it up. Brady is a big bad mofo with crazy hand eye, sick vision, booming hits and will drop the gloves with anyone. The two brothers together would potentially be one of the hardest lines in hockey to play against. Greig may just be that Matthew in Ottawa, just bigger and will back it up

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad