Recalled/Assigned: Mason Marchment back to the Marlies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Back to AHL school for him.

$70k isn't a horrible salary, probably gets a raise this year in the AHL, maybe gets to 6 digits.

Most people have to work, so if he loves hockey, he's doing something he loves.

Ever wish you could work in a job where one good year gets you a 40x raise?

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
You have to feel good for a guy plugging away and earning a big contract at his age. It's unfortunate we traded him, but much like Florida even if he exploded here we couldn't afford him after.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
This thread is worth a bump. It was approximately one month after this thread that the Leafs traded Marchment for Malgin and provides insights into Leafs fans opinions of Marchment's potential at the time.
Matched mine. He was garbage for us and showed nothing.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
That is a brilliant bump given recent conversations. Can do the same for lily and robertson but time to move forward

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
yup Agostino should have been the one to be called up if they wanted a gritty player

nice of Shanny to give his buddy's kid a shot but Marchment is not even close to being a 4th line player and the chance he'll ever develop into one at his age is extremely low , he's basically a mediocre career AHLer at best
Oh my god. This is so incredibly rich.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Oh my god. This is so incredibly rich.
if you would have asked , i would told you what i thought of Marchment as a prospect and saved you the time from searching my posts from almost 3 yrs ago , lol

good on the kid for proving me wrong which means absolutely nothing to him but the funny thing is i wasn't the one who traded him for the great Evegeni Malgin

Last edited:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
if you would have asked , i would told you what i thought of Marchment as a prospect and saved you the time from searching my posts from almost 3 yrs ago , lol

good on the kid for proving me wrong which means absolutely nothing to him but the funny thing is i was the one who traded him for the great Evegeni Malgin
The thread was bumped. I loved reading your wisdom from 2 years ago, Nostradamus. Nice of Shanny to give is buddies kid a shot, though!

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
I hope people don't lock this. It's pretty interesting. When you see the date on the original post it really isn't that long ago. Some earlier posts are extremely definitive. Imagine being Marchment and reading this thread...would feel so good.

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
You have to feel good for a guy plugging away and earning a big contract at his age. It's unfortunate we traded him, but much like Florida even if he exploded here we couldn't afford him after.
I mean he only makes 4.5 million and was 3rd in the league in even strength points. We could have in theory signed Marchment+Lindgren for less then trading for Murray+ keeping Engvall.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
I mean he only makes 4.5 million and was 3rd in the league in even strength points. We could have in theory signed Marchment+Lindgren for less then trading for Murray+ keeping Engvall.
Thats true. That contract was a bit of a risk based on a small sample size but it is starting to seem like he might live up to it and then some.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
You could find similar threads/posts trashing basically every one of our prospects. Heck you could find our future HoFers being abused the same way.

Guess it makes some people feel better when they insult others.

Reactions: Its not your fault
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad