Rumor: Mashinter getting interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
No one in their right mind would trade for Mashinter...he's not NHL material right now and he's a UFA at the end of the season.

Based on what Carolina gave up for Westgarth I'm not so sure GM Rutherford was in his "right mind".

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Carolina doesn't value later picks probably because they've drafted no NHLers since 2001 in the 4th round.

It was a little much but it's not something that will hurt them.

Is Mashinter better?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
He got an NHLer, and the one he wanted. Some would argue that overpaying a little to get exactly what you want isn't overpaying.

Some would argue that Westgarth isn't an NHLer (soon to be 29 year old who's played in 90 NHL games) but point taken...and I wasn't saying they should've traded for Mashinter either as he really has almost zero NHL value.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
What is up with Carolina wanting our less than mediocre prospects...Joslin...Mashinter...

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Did he just lose interest or quit working hard (if he ever did work hard)?

no idea, i don't watch the ahl team ever. but it is pretty bad to put up back to back to back 30+ point seasons in the ahl to drop drastically to 5 points in 30 games this season.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Someone posted on the trade thread that he has been put on waivers. No source that I saw.

EDIT: I saw that LS posted this in the NHL News thread. (which I rarely read)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad