Speculation: Maroon, Grabner, Reaves & Roussel

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He's right. If a player signs on a traditionally rivaled team, they let any potential beefs go pretty quick and focus on being good teammates for one another.
I've watched them play against him for years, 5x a year. The guy is Andrew Shaw level. You may be correct if they signed him, but I'd put the chance of that happening at less then 1%

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
He's been an absolute rat against the Blues. He's viciously slashed Tarasenko, broke Steen's wrist with a slashed. Just a dirty player

LOL

Roussel isn't that dirty. Runs his mouth more then anyone. He's a great teammate, does lots for the community and drives other teams crazy. As long as the price is right most teams would take him

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Maroon - Resigns with NJD

Grabner - NYR, NYI, or NJD

Reaves - Resigns with VGK

Roussel - Don't know...

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I would have expected Reaves to return to VGK until he got healthy scratched at the end of the SCF. I think something like that might cause him to test the market.

Would like to see him back on the Blues, but Thorburn has a year left and I can’t see Army tying up two contract spots for that kind of a player, even if he can bury Thorburn in the AHL. The only way I see Reaves returning to STL is if Thorburn is moved.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
LOL

Roussel isn't that dirty. Runs his mouth more then anyone. He's a great teammate, does lots for the community and drives other teams crazy. As long as the price is right most teams would take him
Blues' wrists and hands say otherwise.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Leafs are gonna go after Maroon or Roussel, especially with JVR and Komarov both being FA.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
you must not have watched him in NJ

he was really bad. Healthy scratched in the playoffs.
Watching Grabner on the Devils, it was obvious he didn’t fit in and the Devils had no clue how to utilize him. He was a beast in last years playoffs for the Rangers. Thanks for Rykov and a 2nd though :naughty:

Reactions: Klaus3154

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I’d wager Maroon ends up back in Edmonton if Lucic is dealt. He’s expressed interest in coming back, and compliments McDavid well

I agree . The problem will be moving Lucic with out paying a ton to do it and trust Chia to sign Maroon to a reasonable deal

Reactions: A91

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
2? Maroon and Grabner are going to be grossly overpaid. Russell would get his ass kicked in the locker room as soon as he walked in. Reaves is the only guy I'd like to see back
you obviously didn't watch grabner post trade.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If you don't think that his post deadline performance will be used against him in contract talks I don't know what to tell you
GMs do dumb things. Andrew Ladd didnt do much for Chicago(iirc) and he still landed a terrible contract

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I have been interested in Grabner for a while. I'd take him on the Blues if the price was right.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I'm guessing Maroon stays in NJ. He seemed to add a nice element there and has a little history playing with Palmieri. I'm thinking Grabner goes to Edmonton. I'm sure Chia wants to add more speed, some scoring on the wing, and Grabs would be a boost to their abysmal PK. Was it Carolina that recently said they wanted to toughen up or something like that? I'll go with Rooster to the Canes. Reaves stays in Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad