Marner has reportedly hired private security and is refusing to speak with some members of the media

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
im_a_god_groundhog_day.gif

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Toronto needs an NHL team before they worry about getting a second one
funny lol, so when is Ottawa doing anything? entire core signed and finished almost dead last in the division,
There are alot of fans that gave up on the Leafs, and alot of fans that never will, a 2nd NHL team would likely do very well here if MLSE would allow it.
it's all about making the league money, and as much as you hate us you cant deny how much money we make the league, could be another cash cow

thanks

6 goals last 25 games

Lafreniere 3 goals last 2 games.
Marner's problem is he's greedy and they dont get paid in the playoffs. long the playoffs goes on for the shorter the summer is. no way hes trying for free

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
funny lol, so when is Ottawa doing anything? entire core signed and finished almost dead last in the division,
There are alot of fans that gave up on the Leafs, and alot of fans that never will, a 2nd NHL team would likely do very well here if MLSE would allow it.
it's all about making the league money, and as much as you hate us you cant deny how much money we make the league, could be another cash cow

Marner's problem is he's greedy and they dont get paid in the playoffs. long the playoffs goes on for the shorter the summer is. no way hes trying for free
oh he's trying .....to stay on the perimeters. To not get hit.

• Haha
Reactions: Arthur Morgan

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I wonder if he consulted good buddy Drake about this. I hear his shadowy guys are pretty good.

But in all seriousness...this is why i feel like his NMC is a little bit of an afterthought at this point. When a hockey mad market like Toronto turns on a guy...there's really no coming back. That's not going to be a pleasant place to live and work anymore.

Big Willy Stylez can probably still ride the subway to work, relatively unbothered. Marner is persona non grata there.

At that point, it's generally best for both parties to just part ways. Move him somewhere that the magnifying glass isn't going to be squarely on him in the public sphere. Better for the Leafs and roster construction, better for Marner to be out of the fishbowl.

It's part of the challenge of building a "Cup Contender" in a Canadian City. That fan passion and "hometown opportunity" is a real double-edged sword. It can lure guys in, it can drive guys away. Some players thrive in that crucible and other crumble.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I like how Leafs fans think "trade him" would actually be a punishment. I suspect for most players it's at worst a lateral move to get out of Toronto. It's not a great place to build legacies to be honest. You hear people talk about Sittler or Gilmour..and yet what did they ever win?

Of course there's a certain mystique to the Toronto Maple Leafs, but it's also pretty obvious most players don't really give a crap about that. Players winning Cups in Anaheim or Colorado or Tampa aren't sitting there thinking "I wish I was in Toronto right now".

Reactions: TheOne

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Lafrieniere isn't an integral part of the Ranger's offence... Marner is literally a linchpin.
Marner us and integral part of the leafs offence in the regular season .....
but come play offs that presents a problem. If it was the movies play offs are where the stuntman goes in for Marner.

Yes, Marner is more of a play maker than goal scorer. Lafreniere is on a two game goal scoring streak.
which is enough to out score Mitch

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad