Marner has reportedly hired private security and is refusing to speak with some members of the media

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Guys don't wanna play in Canada because of media like this. Why does he need guards? Ridiculous IMO.
Yea , the alternative is inviting in the states. Broduer loved Jersey . Good go to grocery store and hardly anyone recognized him. Those who did would just casually say hello.
Gilmour loved Toronto. So did Wendyl. Cojo. Tucker. Roberts.
Corson loved playing in Montreal. So did Chelios.
When you suck, whimp out , whine......nope Toronto ain't the place to be.

getting car jacked and held up at gun point is "having it so good"? yeah youre pretty weird if you think that way.
so why didn't he get security till this week?
Wasn't the car jacking two years ago. By a couple thugs who had no idea who he was.
How many other NHLers have personal security ? Just curious.
Maybe he gets the long fur coat, big rimmed hat, and some hanging bling to go with the security entourage. 🤣

Last edited:

Super Duper

Oct 2, 2014
Toronto
His comment about being a "God" turned me off. Big reason people are happy when the Leafs lose in the Playoffs every year.

People are happy when leafs lose every year because Leafs fans are incredibly arrogant. I'm from Toronto and can't stand how self important and delusional they can be.

Haven't done anything remotely worth bragging about in decades yet act like the leafs are gods gift to the sport of hockey. And because of that when their team doesn't perform to their perfect standards, they absolutely shit on anyone not named Auston Matthews in the playoffs.

Top that off with the fact that Toronto media are goons and parasites, it's no wonder they struggle to have alot of players wanting to play in Toronto

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Keefe was fired.

He's being held accountable. And said as much after they were eliminated.

The core 4.
Mathhews had been bashed around the GTA in past play off performances . Losses to the Habs and Panthers particularly.
Nylander Bruins , Jackets, Habs.
Marner Bruins , Habs, Panthers , Bruins again.

No one guy from the core gets it.

Marner was ass in this series. Out scored by Frederick, Debrusk, Marchand, Pasternac,
He's a big boy ...( I think) he should be able to take it

JT has to answer for more stuff than Mitch.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
It’s just a game. Some people need to relax

The writing does seem to be on the wall though for Mariner’s future with the Maple Leafs

Reactions: dukeofjive

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Exactly. He thinks being good at hockey = deity like status. It was ridiculous and silly you defend it.
are you ok? I am not sure why you dont get this,.

He never said he was a god or deserved to be treated like one. He said they are kind of treated like gods in the city. In fact I dont think he mentioned just himself. I think he used the term we as in the whole team.

Keep using this as more fuel for your hate but this one is way over your head if you dont get it....

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
are you ok? I am not sure why you dont get this,.

He never said he was a god or deserved to be treated like one. He said they are kind of treated like gods in the city. In fact I dont think he mentioned just himself. I think he used the term we as in the whole team.

Keep using this as more fuel for you hate but this one is way over your head if you dont get it....
Asking “are you ok”, lol, I guess that’s what happens when I question someone’s religion. Hint: Marner is not a “god”. Just a man who plays a sport.

He could have said “we have a lot of great fans that show a lot of support to the team” instead he said “these people view us as their gods”. You don’t see the difference?

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
What did the Maple Leafs do to embarrass you?
They embarrassed the sport of hockey. All 31 other teams are ashamed to share the same ice

But really, I think it's safe to say that Marner needs to go play for a team like Columbus where it isn't a pressure cooker and he can be anonymous on off days.

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Fans

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
It’s exactly what he said. That playing for the Leafs, they are “Gods”
No he didn't. In the exit interviews, Mitch Marner was asked about what it was like playing playing for the Leafs and he responded that it means the world to him and that Leaf players are kinda like gods here. It just got blown up by the denizens of the board. Even in this thread that is
about an article in the National Post with the headline "Of all the hate against Leafs' Mitch Marner, this accusation is the weirdest:"
I goes on to summarize the article where they use a rumour spread on a podcast as an example of this hate: "Marner, 27, has reportedly hired private security and is refusing to speak with some members of the media, reporter James Mirtle of The Athletic claims on The Leaf Report podcast" it about something that Mirtle claimed he had heard in his podcast.
Mods should really change the poorly worded title of the thread to reflect the title and content of the article and label it speculation.
Again, the board blows it up and then blames Maple Leaf fans and the "toxic media" for their own behavior.
And actually read the article

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
getting car jacked and held up at gun point is "having it so good"? yeah youre pretty weird if you think that way.

I was mugged at gun point once upon a time... Aside from being alot more aware of my surroundings (more so at night), really hasn't affected my life at all, so I'm sure Marner still has it good.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
They embarrassed the sport of hockey. All 31 other teams are ashamed to share the same ice

But really, I think it's safe to say that Marner needs to go play for a team like Columbus where it isn't a pressure cooker and he can be anonymous on off days.
No they aren't. You just made that up.

• Haha
Reactions: Video Nasty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad