Prospect Info: Marner continues onto the Memorial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Former thread is full .. New one continues here.

Former Link:
Prospect Info: Marner at the top of OHL scoring race. ‎(
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Can't but respect the talent of Marner and the London team but Niagara has played like garbage. Not a big Dunn fan. His return has messed up a strong Dogs d core.

I expect Monday's game to be far more competitive.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Can't but respect the talent of Marner and the London team but Niagara has played like garbage. Not a big Dunn fan. His return has messed up a strong Dogs d core.

I expect Monday's game to be far more competitive.

I think both Jones and Perlini should be back for that game.

Also have to wonder about Tkachuk's current status. There were times during last game where he could barely put any pressure on his leg.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Marner is going to be the big question mark come camp time for sure , too young for the Marlies and too good to go back to London , As unpopular as it would be I would kill for a deal that see's us end up with Tkachuk in the draft and Dvorak from Pheonix , give these three a couple of years together in the NHL and they would be unstoppable , of course if we draft anyone but Mathews or Laine in the first it will be feeding frenzy with the press and the fan base but really neither is a true generational talent like a Crosby or McDavid no matter what the hype .

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Marner is going to be the big question mark come camp time for sure , too young for the Marlies and too good to go back to London , As unpopular as it would be I would kill for a deal that see's us end up with Tkachuk in the draft and Dvorak from Pheonix , give these three a couple of years together in the NHL and they would be unstoppable , of course if we draft anyone but Mathews or Laine in the first it will be feeding frenzy with the press and the fan base but really neither is a true generational talent like a Crosby or McDavid no matter what the hype .

Matthews is a franchise talent. Tkachuk is a potential top line winger, Dvorak is a potential top 6 center.

We get absolutely destroyed making a deal like that.

Matthews has been ranked as a prospect on par with Tavares. You don't move players like that. Its what we have needed for years and we finally have the chance. We may not get another opportunity like this for another 30 years.

Lion15

Apr 18, 2015
Kawartha Lakes
Matthews is a franchise talent. Tkachuk is a potential top line winger, Dvorak is a potential top 6 center.

We get absolutely destroyed making a deal like that.

Matthews has been ranked as a prospect on par with Tavares. You don't move players like that. Its what we have needed for years and we finally have the chance. We may not get another opportunity like this for another 30 years.

I think that is such a good point. This is such a fortuitous stroke of luck and has completely changed what the product on the ice will be for years and years.

I could care less about Tkachuk and Dvorak now. There's plenty of in-house options that will be filling out the wings on our centre depth now. The best part of all, there's absolutely no rush in evaluating for another year and honing in on where the talent gaps are.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I think that is such a good point. This is such a fortuitous stroke of luck and has completely changed what the product on the ice will be for years and years.

I could care less about Tkachuk and Dvorak now. There's plenty of in-house options that will be filling out the wings on our centre depth now. The best part of all, there's absolutely no rush in evaluating for another year and honing in on where the talent gaps are.

Not only that is it a potential 1 in 30 years event, we are getting a prospect of Matthews level which is probably a 1 in 4/1 in 3 kind of thing too. Its not like Matthews is a typical #1 pick. He is above that without a doubt.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011

I could care less about Tkachuk and Dvorak now. There's plenty of in-house options that will be filling out the wings on our centre depth now. The best part of all, there's absolutely no rush in evaluating for another year and
honing in on where the talent gaps are.

as well its funny, marner has drawn the comparison of pat kane while matthews has drawn the comparison of toews/kopitar..there it is we are rebuilding like the blackhawks...now hopefully we hit gold with zaitsev our prospects look stellar and you know lou will pull of a doozy deal somehow..remember he stole schneids from couver

this whole 1st pick changes a lot..it allows us to better plan the draft and the off season..our huge hole in order were goal, defence and center...though we have lacked a true #1 since #13 Mats Sundin

id expect we use pitts pick, another pick and prospecr since we are loaded and move into the 6 to 8 slot and go after nylander or juloevi...great time to be a fan

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Not only that is it a potential 1 in 30 years event, we are getting a prospect of Matthews level which is probably a 1 in 4/1 in 3 kind of thing too. Its not like Matthews is a typical #1 pick. He is above that without a doubt.

true...they are saying if it were last yr it woulda been mcdavid, matthews, eichel so we now have a guy a yr more mature who played in a big boy hard to score league..also since ppl are looking at the current worlds matthews wingers are sub par in schroeder and umm lol forgot other guy...laine has komarov and jokster..while laine is amazing we have long needed the clear cut #1 center now with matthews we have that amd then poster boy william...and oh yea naz

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
IF there's still any remaining doubt if his size will limit him in the NHL, it's totally squashed.

First it was Kane, now it's Kucherov. These small game-breaking type players are absolutely dominating the playoffs in recent years.

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
matthews is an infinitely better version of dvorak (who is great). so if you like what you see now.. just wait til camp

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
I really think Marner & Matthews will be one of the great duos in the NHL. Their games seem to compliment each other perfectly.

If they can make it work (chemistry) they would not only be great offensively, but defensively they would be pretty awesome as well.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009

Would love to see us swing a deal to get tkachuk and have a future top line of matthews marner and tkachuk
Only team i can see willing to make a deal is oilers but they will be looking for a dman
Could we move JVR to another team for the dman then flip him to edmonton for the 4th?

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Would love to see us swing a deal to get tkachuk and have a future top line of matthews marner and tkachuk
Only team i can see willing to make a deal is oilers but they will be looking for a dman
Could we move JVR to another team for the dman then flip him to edmonton for the 4th?

If we're moving JVR, I would hope it's for a top pairing Dman....... and we keep him! :)

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015

The Oilers would move that pick for Rielly. Their is no d-man who JVR will return equivalent to the worth of a 4th OA pick.

Why would Edmonton want a middle man in that process? If they were smart, they see what d-men packages they can get for a bundle including that pick and one of their disposable core players. Arizona and OEL or maybe even Montreal and Subban are potential targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad