Marlies GDT: Marlies vs. Checkers Series Talk | Checkers win 4 - 2 | Next game 2019-2020 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Hard to criticize Kaskisuo after his 8-0 run, but i'll do it anyways. Complete lack of fundamentals in his game, he can't make routine stops to save his life. Coughs up a rebound in to the slot off of a shot from the goal line that ends the series tonight. Direct giveaway on to the stick of a Charlotte player trying to handle the puck last game, and five hole goals against from the point unscreened.

That's the Kaskisuo from the first 30 games of this season. He got hot at the right time, which was a saving grace for the Marlies because Hutchinson is not much better, but hopefully he's phased out. Hats off to Nedeljkovic, he won Charlotte this series, because the Marlies dominated possession but could not score on the PP (0/8 tonight).

Reactions: Azazel and hullsy47

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
minor league hockey
minor league officials somebody gonna get canned
still it's always goaltending Charlotte simply had better tender and a great pk

Keefe needs to wear this one.

The powerplay was abysmal.

It was clear that Charlotte was challenging the fourth forward at the point and chipping pucks past him repeatedly. Keefe should've added another D on the powerplay and stopped trying to force the down low play and get more traffic in front of the net.

The points were wide open and they were having success on long shots. More point shots and traffic were needed instead of the cute crap that wasn't working.

This was a coaching failure. Keefe isn't ready for the NHL quite yet.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Well, at least we still have the Growlers for our hockey watching. On off days I think the NHL is still playing. Not sure who is left, but it will fill up those long off days.

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

It was clear that Charlotte was challenging the fourth forward at the point and chipping pucks past him repeatedly. Keefe should've added another D on the powerplay and stopped trying to force the down low play and get more traffic in front of the net.

The points were wide open and they were having success on long shots. More point shots and traffic were needed instead of the cute crap that wasn't working.

I agree all he has done is win a Calder Cup, graduated a host of players and got to two semi finals! What a disgrace! # Fire Keefe

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

:facepalm:
A coach shouldn't be evaluated on one series. Do we just ignore the rest of his work for just this series?
Bill Peters lost 4-1 despite having the better roster? It's clear he isn't ready for playoff hockey.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
:facepalm:
A coach shouldn't be evaluated on one series. Do we just ignore the rest of his work for just this series?
Bill Peters lost 4-1 despite having the better roster? It's clear he isn't ready for playoff hockey.
No Bill Peters should be evaluated on his overall body of work. Keefe should be evaluated on 4 games in this series and Sandin and Liljegren should be evaluated only on the plays that made them look bad.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
It was worth the Marlies losing just to hear that Checkers announcer melt down over penalty calls. Funniest thing I've ever heard.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
While it sucks that the Marlies lost, can't ask for much more than getting our kids experience. Another deep run to get more intense games under their belt is always a good thing.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
While it sucks that the Marlies lost, can't ask for much more than getting our kids experience. Another deep run to get more intense games under their belt is always a good thing.

This, the Sens farm team has made the playoffs like once in the last 8 years where as our prospects get to expirience winning and losing playoff series in a men’s pro league every year.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
Refs gave the Marlies chances all series and they couldn't capitalize. Can't really blame the refs at all for this outcome.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The Marlies still had a great season. They made it this far when it wasn't certain they would make the playoffs. When you consider the regular season struggles, getting to the conference finals is pretty good.
The biggest thing that might have came out from the 2nd half and the post season is the play of Lilly.

Reactions: aingefan and Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
No complaints

We had every opportunity to win that game but we couldn't take it, special teams sucked the life out of us in that one unfortunately

Still a very strong season though when you consider how bad things were looking mid season, Jesus I didn't think we would make the playoffs at one stage

Our young defenseman are developing nicely and we have some interesting forwards with some grit and size that could be ready as soon as next season

Disappointed in the loss but not the team is how I'd describe my feelings right now

Reactions: aingefan

horner

May 22, 2007
Alot to look forward to next season with the Marlies and Leafs .
These kids are going to be pushing for NHL jobs.

Korshkov was really starting to get his gm together. Excited to see what he is going to do next season.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Alot to look forward to next season with the Marlies and Leafs .
These kids are going to be pushing for NHL jobs.

Korshkov was really starting to get his gm together. Excited to see what he is going to do next season.
It will be interesting to see him get a larger role next season in the top-6 with PP time. He should see an increase from the production we saw this post season. He's a physical specimen if he ever get's going offensively he could be a monster.

I'm pulling for Korshkov, Engvall and Marchment to continue to get better offensively over the next couple years in the AHL. They all bring that physicality and size we lack, all 6'4.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
Keefe’s post game comments sound like he won’t be back behind the bench next year...maybe just the way I read it?.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Hard to criticize Kaskisuo after his 8-0 run, but i'll do it anyways. Complete lack of fundamentals in his game, he can't make routine stops to save his life. Coughs up a rebound in to the slot off of a shot from the goal line that ends the series tonight. Direct giveaway on to the stick of a Charlotte player trying to handle the puck last game, and five hole goals against from the point unscreened.

Well that escalated quickly :eek:

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Great run by the Marlies. They made it deeper than it looked like they could go.

If a minor league team can graduate a player a year or so, I think it is doing pretty well. This team has outperformed that over the past few years. Five stars to the Marlies.

newfiebullet

Oct 12, 2018
Too bad. At least Growlers up 2-0 in the Kelly Cup finals, although I know a lot of that team is far removed from the Leafs (especially with SDA out). I was at the game last night though and it was insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad