Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I know plus/minus and stats watching is shameful, but I haven’t noticed Harpur in any Marlies periods I’ve seen yet his numbers seem to be... decent... anyone have some insight for me please?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Lol, what did Keefe do to them this week?

Probably ripped into them hard for their iffy play on the road trip.

Their defensive support is absolutely ridiculous. They sometimes have 3 guys back helping either along the boards or to give the defense a safety valve but then they still are situated in a way where a quick stretch pass or a counter rush can easily lead to an odd-man rush. That was missing on the road trip, and for a stretch in the late 1st/early 2nd to the point where he took a timeout, but the Marlies have been playing like Texas hasn't even been on the ice since that timeout.

Texas has played like crap too, at least for most of the 2nd period, but there is a clear distinction between how the Leafs and Marlies are doing thing systemically.

Reactions: Kiwi and stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Probably ripped into them hard for their iffy play on the road trip.

Their defensive support is absolutely ridiculous. They sometimes have 3 guys back helping either along the boards or to give the defense a safety valve but then they still are situated in a way where a quick stretch pass or a counter rush can easily lead to an odd-man rush. That was missing on the road trip, and for a stretch in the late 1st/early 2nd to the point where he took a timeout, but the Marlies have been playing like Texas hasn't even been on the ice since that timeout.

Texas has played like crap too, at least for most of the 2nd period, but there is a clear distinction between how the Leafs and Marlies are doing thing systemically.
His system is also apparently more offensively inclined, but the defensive details are still there.
He took a timeout? Wow thats really good. Sign of someone following the game.
One thing that doesn't get mention is the defence has played much better since firing Dineen, and hiring Davidson.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Watching the Marlies game and from the Stat sheet it looks like none of the 8 goal scorers have an assist and vice versa.

thought that was pretty interesting and cool.

Reactions: Lauro

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I know plus/minus and stats watching is shameful, but I haven’t noticed Harpur in any Marlies periods I’ve seen yet his numbers seem to be... decent... anyone have some insight for me please?

I mean he looked pretty damn good today. Very active offensively and was great defensively.

Keefe knows how to use him to his strengths.

Reactions: stickty111

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I just have one request for the Marlies staff for next week, please don’t mess things up like you did with Liljegren’s ankle injury last year, where he came back too soon and re-aggravated the same injury.

I want to see Liljegren have three full practices with contact, at minimum, before they clear him this time.

Hi all, any update on Liljegren?

Keefe said in his interview after the game that things are looking “very positive” for Liljegren in terms of this injury, relative to how bad it looked initially. He is already back skating, so that’s a big plus.

Only thing that bugs me is he didn’t comment on all those “tests” they were running this week. I guess they must have come back negative but you never know, it’s possible they are inconclusive as well.

In any case, Keefe has certainly gotten everybody’s hopes up in that Liljegren has avoided a major injury, which would be fantastic.

Rich247

Sep 28, 2014
Of course they do, they were much better in training camp than guys who they kept and still run out there.
If Babcock didn't have something against bracco he would have been up there. No one can tell me that nick shore is better than bracco. Time is the perfect time for bracco to be up there with Mitch out but Babcock keeps running shore and time out on the forth line even though neither can score. Maybe it's time to see what bracco can do o not a very poor power play while Mitch is our. If Babcock doesn't get his head out of his a** and stop the I hate bracco stubbornness, he will be gone by the end of the road trip. Leafs are headed for 6 th place with a quarter of the season gone. Can't blame the team he was dealt this year as he picked the players to keep. Is there any improvement in our defence over last year seems we have given up the most goals. Bracco may not be great defensively but his offense may make up for that. Let's give the kid a chance or trade him so he gets his shot. Think he has earned it.

Rich247

Sep 28, 2014
If Babcock didn't have something against bracco he would have been up there. No one can tell me that nick shore is better than bracco. Time is the perfect time for bracco to be up there with Mitch out but Babcock keeps running shore and time out on the forth line even though neither can score. Maybe it's time to see what bracco can do o not a very poor power play while Mitch is our. If Babcock doesn't get his head out of his a** and stop the I hate bracco stubbornness, he will be gone by the end of the road trip. Leafs are headed for 6 th place with a quarter of the season gone. Can't blame the team he was dealt this year as he picked the players to keep. Is there any improvement in our defence over last year seems we have given up the most goals. Bracco may not be great defensively but his offense may make up for that. Let's give the kid a chance or trade him so he gets his shot. Think he has earned it.
Hate spell check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad