Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - 2021/22 PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I’ve actually never been more confident with a late round pick hitting than Abruzzese.

He’s just so smart and skilled, and doesn’t shy away from the dirty areas.

Quote me in the future, but I just can’t see him not being an impact player in the NHL.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I’ve actually never been more confident with a late round pick hitting than Abruzzese.

He’s just so smart and skilled, and doesn’t shy away from the dirty areas.

Quote me in the future, but I just can’t see him not being an impact player in the NHL.
He's done everything you could ask for at the NCAA level, but there's legitimate red flags for a pro career. His skating is poor in a straight line and he's very weak on the puck. Pacing for even fewer goals than two years ago and has a muffin shot.

I see a lot of similarities to Bracco, but if Bracco had the same intangibles and smarts, maybe he gets an NHL look. He's very boom/bust.

Reactions: LeafChief

Zookeeper

Sep 15, 2021
I know he’s one of the youngest available but I am really liking the speed of vinzenz rohrer on the ottawa 67’s. Might be worth a pick or invite to camp next year.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
If the Leafs sign Ho Sang to a NHL contract he would have to go on waivers. Do you think another team would try and claim him?

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
If the Leafs sign Ho Sang to a NHL contract he would have to go on waivers. Do you think another team would try and claim him?
If the Leafs sign him, he's fine

If they sign him and try to send him back to the movies, he needs waivers
I think a team would take a chance, tbh

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
If the Leafs sign him, he's fine

If they sign him and try to send him back to the movies, he needs waivers
I think a team would take a chance, tbh
So the waivers to join the team would only be if the player was playing overseas? Because he is already in NA, no need for waivers?

I saw that the Sabres signed Jankowski today (who they had on an AHL deal with their AHL team). I wonder if he will be on waivers to come up. I haven't looked into it but I'd be curious (not sure if they called him up or just signed him and left him with Rochester for now).

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
So the waivers to join the team would only be if the player was playing overseas? Because he is already in NA, no need for waivers?

I saw that the Sabres signed Jankowski today (who they had on an AHL deal with their AHL team). I wonder if he will be on waivers to come up. I haven't looked into it but I'd be curious (not sure if they called him up or just signed him and left him with Rochester for now).
Waivers to join the league are only if you played outside of North America, yes.

Jankowski does not need anything to come up, and they can't just sign him and leave him in Rochester.
He is free to play with Buffalo, and is de facto now on their roster. If/when they want him back in Rochester, he will need waivers

Reactions: Roadhog

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Waivers to join the league are only if you played outside of North America, yes.

Jankowski does not need anything to come up, and they can't just sign him and leave him in Rochester.
He is free to play with Buffalo, and is de facto now on their roster. If/when they want him back in Rochester, he will need waivers
You're right.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Does anyone think Abramov should spend time on the Growlers?

No. We have injuries and he has played well. Even his production is picking up a little bit, but he has played in a more defensive role to start the year.

It was no different for Adam Brooks when he first made the Marlies. He only had something like 19 points in 57 games in his rookie year but then followed that up with a significant uptick the next year once he was playing with better players and getting more offensive minutes.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Anyone with more knowledge think there is something there with Joe Miller. 3 assist game today and now has 26 points in 21 games.
We won’t know until the secret site uploads ushl games in december. He started the year on the top line, but started slipping to the 2nd line. Noelle needham frequently sings his praises. Judging from the clips i’ve seen, he may have switched to the f2 position, but don’t quote me on that.

First 15 games, he had like 10-12 points, but has started to ramp up production.

Last year, i did not like his game at all. He did not pick his spots well at all (something tverberg is very good at doing). He would just park himself in front of the net and wait for his teammates to pass him the puck rather than time his cuts to the net (he did this in high school). He played the f3 (what miettinen does). His transitions were meh and it seemed like he was concerned at not getting knocked down because he is very small. He has good hands, but found it difficult to use them and the opposing team was fast enough to take away his space.

His trajectory should be similar to abbruzzese, but with worse passing, hockeyiq, vision. Miller has better skating and is slightly stronger in his skates.

He is projected to go to minnesota. Minnesota is quite stacked in their top six with lucius, broz, and knies and they probably have some seniors too. Miller’s skillset is top six, but are the coaches going to play him top six? I doubt it. Look at what happened to john fusco and wyatt schingoethe.

Miller is a huge project unless he makes drastic improvements.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Anyone with more knowledge think there is something there with Joe Miller. 3 assist game today and now has 26 points in 21 games.

The best I could muster is a maybe. He is a fairly late birthday, but dominating D+2 in the USHL is not really all that impressive. I guess Abruzzese did it, but he was also the leading scorer in the entire league and Miller is still a little ways away from that.

I guess it is a major improvement over last year, but that is not saying much. Last year was really bad for him.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
We won’t know until the secret site uploads ushl games in december. He started the year on the top line, but started slipping to the 2nd line. Noelle needham frequently sings his praises. Judging from the clips i’ve seen, he may have switched to the f2 position, but don’t quote me on that.

First 15 games, he had like 10-12 points, but has started to ramp up production.

Last year, i did not like his game at all. He did not pick his spots well at all (something tverberg is very good at doing). He would just park himself in front of the net and wait for his teammates to pass him the puck rather than time his cuts to the net (he did this in high school). He played the f3 (what miettinen does). His transitions were meh and it seemed like he was concerned at not getting knocked down because he is very small. He has good hands, but found it difficult to use them and the opposing team was fast enough to take away his space.

His trajectory should be similar to abbruzzese, but with worse passing, hockeyiq, vision. Miller has better skating and is slightly stronger in his skates.

He is projected to go to minnesota. Minnesota is quite stacked in their top six with lucius, broz, and knies and they probably have some seniors too. Miller’s skillset is top six, but are the coaches going to play him top six? I doubt it. Look at what happened to john fusco and wyatt schingoethe.

This guy scouts.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

I still kind of hope he would move to Minnesota-Duluth. Good teammates (Biondi, Olson, Isaac Howard) but not too much competition for top 6/9 jobs out of the gate, strong conference, reputable program with a good coach... I would be more than happy to send my prospects to that program.

Reactions: Prominence
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad