Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
im super excited/curious to see how our new coach(whomever it might be) handles the young guys on the team like robertson. i never liked how keefe handled skilled young players on the leafs. might be a new lease on life for a few guys, alot of the rooks the past number of years played scared to be scratched and that can really mess with your game imo.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
im super excited/curious to see how our new coach(whomever it might be) handles the young guys on the team like robertson. i never liked how keefe handled skilled young players on the leafs. might be a new lease on life for a few guys, alot of the rooks the past number of years played scared to be scratched and that can really mess with your game imo.

I would be less excited and more worried if I were you.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Was wondering where Sennecke was because I was looking forward to watching him but he's injured. Not good news for Oshawa if he misses more games.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
He made many smart plays in the playoffs. I see a good future for him in this league.
I have been looking for signs that he's learning to play against bigger players and I think he has. He's still a puck hound but not putting himself in vulnerable positions any more. He has trouble with puck battles but once he learns to get "inside" on a bigger player he can use leverage to win some of those. If he can't get into that position then stay above the puck. These 2 things and quick stick lifts a la Matthews and Nylander and he'll be fine to go along with his offensive abilities. Put him in a position to succeed and I believe he can score 30-ish goals down the line.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Robertson needs to play with a center who can give him the puck, he’s never really had that other than Domi. It was insane for Keefe to not at least try Robertson on PP1 with that shot.

If given the opportunity, I think Holmberg has that capability to be a good setup guy. He had some good stretches of play at times, but he does need to bring more.

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
They aren’t moving Marner folks. He’s from Toronto, why would he waive his NMC? I could only see it happen if they sign and trade him on a 8 year deal that he agrees to, instead of signing a 7 year free agent deal. Extra year in his mid 30s.

Reactions: arso40

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
They aren’t moving Marner folks. He’s from Toronto, why would he waive his NMC? I could only see it happen if they sign and trade him on a 8 year deal that he agrees to, instead of signing a 7 year free agent deal. Extra year in his mid 30s.
Bookmark this until one week after July 1st and see if you are correct...I will go out on a limb and say he is moved.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If they trade him, the new team can sign him to an 8 year deal as well. He'll likely get moved.

Bookmark this until one week after July 1st and see if you are correct...I will go out on a limb and say he is moved.

I think it is likely to happen before July 1st, and hopefully before draft day.

Reactions: aingefan

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
The cap is rising - if you really want to maximize your $ as a player you do what Matthews did.

Sign a 3/4 year deal, and then sign an 8 year deal at 30 years old after the cap has risen over the next few years.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What is Kieffer Bellows career pathway? Any chance he’s our version of a Marchment, Verhaeghe style reclamation and late bloomer?

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
It’s certainly possible, I just don’t see it happening. Especially after his recent comment about being “gods” in this market. Why would the hometown kid ever waive his clause? They can threaten him with limited usage, etc., at the end of the day it would do the team more harm then good. I just personally don’t see Marner or Tavares waiving. Don’t blame them either.

Excited about Greb and Cowan pushing for roster spots next year though. Hopefully they are ready to go in camp.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
If they trade him, the new team can sign him to an 8 year deal as well. He'll likely get moved.

I think it is likely to happen before July 1st, and hopefully before draft day.
I might be wrong but i thought Marner was not eligible to sign a new deal extension until July 1.
Then the new team can execute a sign and trade and get his 8 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad