Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Hopefully he can get to around 190lbs by the time he's ready for NHL games. I think that would be a good weight for him.
Just about 10lbs
That’s a good summer.

Was very good in the Finnish league against men, that’s a real good year he had in the A.

Maybe look for a place holder 3RD for the year. Maybe that’s Timmins, maybe Mattinen, maybe someone else, but he’s close.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Barely fair to Hidelby to dress Murray for the first game of the playoffs. Barely fair to the rest of the team to dress a goalie who has played 1 game in over a year to start the playoffs.

Reactions: yzerman

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Third game out of three where Matt Murray’s results were just uninspiring enough to not feel enthusiastic about his return. Tough spot for him to be in, of course.

Another goal for Steeves, 1+1 for Kiefer, and Jacob Quillan scored his first pro point….so that’s fun.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Marlies are gonna play Belleville in the first round of the playoffs. Should be a tough one. Bellleville is something like 8-2 in their last 10, where the Marlies are looking a lot like the Leafs right now, sputtering in their last few games.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Anyone watching or at the game who can offer insights on Chadwick’s debut?
I've been impressed with his mobility. He moves well for a big guy. He's one of the black aces trying out today I think they could use in playoff games this season if injuries were to accumulate during the playoffs.

Singleton and Ovchinnikov both look dangerous out there as well. Singleton in particular should see playoff games.

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I've been impressed with his mobility. He moves well for a big guy. He's one of the black aces trying out today I think they could use in playoff games this season if injuries were to accumulate during the playoffs.

Singleton and Ovchinnikov both look dangerous out there as well. Singleton in particular should see playoff games.
Nice, thanks.
I forgot that Mini-Ovi was back on loan.
Is Singleton someone who could progress to spc? He gets his name onto box-scores.

Reactions: uncleben

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Nice, thanks.
I forgot that Mini-Ovi was back on loan.
Is Singleton someone who could progress to spc? He gets his name onto box-scores.
He's very similar to Zach Solow. A energy guy who can chip in some secondary offense. He should be a regular with the Marlies next season if he re-signs. I don't think he ends up getting a spc with Toronto.

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
He's very similar to Zach Solow. A energy guy who can chip in some secondary offense. He should be a regular with the Marlies next season if he re-signs. I don't think he ends up getting a spc with Toronto.
One last thing from my box score watching: is Hildeby ok? I presume Cavallin came in to clean things up just to get some game action before the playoffs?Thx for the input

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Did Berezowski look decent?

He was the highest scoring U23 rookie in the ECHL this year, so probably a logical guy to re-sign on an AHL deal and have as a fringe AHL options.

And I'd definitely second keeping Singleton around. He's probably been the best of what was probably one of the lower end new AHL deal crops TOR has brought in for the Growlers/Marlies when you factor in this late season AHL stint

Reactions: uncleben

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Did Berezowski look decent?

He was the highest scoring U23 rookie in the ECHL this year, so probably a logical guy to re-sign on an AHL deal and have as a fringe AHL options.

And I'd definitely second keeping Singleton around. He's probably been the best of what was probably one of the lower end new AHL deal crops TOR has brought in for the Growlers/Marlies when you factor in this late season AHL stint

Singletons been good since his call up. Noticable playmaking skill. Solow and Slavin both had strong seasons in depth roles. Solow is a fun player to watch. All 3 hopefully back next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad