Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Grebyonkin has been hot garbage these playoffs apart from the opening series vs Amur.
He started with loads of ice time, but his responsibilities and TOI have gradually declined commensurate to his level of play (and rightfully so). Same for disappointing high-scoring teammate Karpov.

Meanwhile Blackhawks pick Kantserov and Silantyev have been revelations. Unlike Grebyonkin they've upped their games exponentially during crunch time so Metallurg is rightfully going with them.

Let's hope Grebyonkin can get his **** together. He’s better player than he's currently showing.

Still sounds fishy. Yurov's production is abysmal too. Why is he given ice time?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Saskatoon is the top team in the CHL for a reason. London Knights are also up 3-0 in their 2nd round series and they play tomorrow. A shame Cowan and Minten couldn't win a gold at the WJCs because it would have been a hell of a year to potentially get a Memorial cup and a gold in a season for either.

Kessler and the 67s are down 3-0 and might be eliminated tomorrow as well.

I'd sign Lisowsky to an ELC. Plenty of contract spots and a good opportunity to give him plenty of time to see if he can develop a little more.

@Mess Rockets in tough.

Red Deer got beaten down.

1713451261562.png

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Im not worried since he has never played in North America yet. Until he does he is an unknown 5th rounder. When teams passed him up there would have been many, many reasons. One is , he wont be ready for a long time. We declared him a superstar. Looks like his coach doesnt think so. Hopefully his game translates.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Still sounds fishy. Yurov's production is abysmal too. Why is he given ice time?

Because Yurov isn't a turnover machine. Grebyonkin has been. No coach on the planet will tolerate turnover after turnover if a player isn't producing.

Grebyonkin is playing like dogcrap. Why is that too difficult to comprehend? Why is it always some anti-North American conspiracy?

Hopefully he earns another chance and takes advantage. The team needs him. Magnitka will need some scoring vs Loko.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roadhog and Lauro

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
That will bye them 2 or 3 yrs in there rebuild.
Igy and Calgary just sounds right and the kid is supper talented
The endless media coverage will buy Conroy a lot of goodwill with the fan base. Luckily hes not too far off (ranking wise) from that 9 spot. Most have him ranked 10-13.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
18 points. Plus 18 in 40 games. And plus 15 with 17 points. I take it he’s a defensive forward.

There really isn't much to read about him. I did find one quote, that his coach at BU called him one of the most responsible forwards on the team. Which I suppose implies that he's good defensively. He is a C as well, so there is never any harm in bringing in more Center depth.

Reactions: Roadhog and Da Mash

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Marlies wita back-to-back 4pm games this weekend.

Finn Update:

RoniH has 5pts in his last six games (3/2)

TopiN has 10pts in his last thirteen games (2/8)

* Any news on Bellows and Tverberg? Haven’t played in a bit.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019

Finn Update:

Sounds like they could both be in the mix next year, although Hirvonen may need another half season with the Marlies given the time he's missed.

Reactions: aingefan

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Niemela will probably see some games next year through call ups.
I think he has a legit shot at the 3rd pairing RHD in 2025-2026.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Finn Update:

I believe Tverberg is probably out for the season. I could be wrong but I think it was a lengthy injury.

Bellows, I'm not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad