Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition II

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
When Fedor Gordeev has more of an impact that Adam Boqvist.

I’ve been saying for the past year OHL scouts have been buzzing about the guy

We should be giving Gordeev and Scott their ELC’s like yesterday
Hopefully he can get traded to a better team and show what he can do

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
When Fedor Gordeev has more of an impact that Adam Boqvist.

I’ve been saying for the past year OHL scouts have been buzzing about the guy

We should be giving Gordeev and Scott their ELC’s like yesterday
Whats the cut off date? Is there a benefit for delaying it?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Whats the cut off date? Is there a benefit for delaying it?

May 15th or they enter the draft.

And no benefit. To be fair, Dubas and Pridham were busy with signing Nylander, and I imagine there’s discussions happening with Matthews camp, but I imagine we’ll see the ELC’s happen early in the new year

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I'm kind of confused with this Gordeev hype, if he's as good as everyone says he is, why isn't he invited to the WJC? or is he?

Reactions: FishManSam

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Team Canada and Russia are really tough to make... Just because he's not at that level doesn't mean he's not playing really well.
Fair enough, was just confused, simply stat watching nothing looks too appealing. But again, I haven't seen him so was just trying to figure out what part of his game people find amazing.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Reactions: stickty111

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Fair enough, was just confused, simply stat watching nothing looks too appealing. But again, I haven't seen him so was just trying to figure out what part of his game people find amazing.

He's a very interesting mix of size, tools and production on a **** house team, I'm not saying he ends up being anything but that's a very intriguing mix

daethfromabove1979

Jun 20, 2006

He's a really good skater for a big man, looks really good on the rush and has some nice goals flying up the ice. His defense is a work in progress though, needs to work on better positioning, often looks a bit lost in his own zone. I think he would really struggle if he was with the Marlies next year but there's hope for improvement.

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014

Usually you'd look for much better production from a d-man when trying to predict an NHL future but Flint is just so bad that Gordeev is very hard to judge that way. His production for that team is actually not too bad, mix that in with just how impressive he skates for his size and you might have a promising prospect.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Gordeev does show some flash on those Youtube highlight vids. He still seems a bit like a winger converted to defense. I do wonder what he would do with higher quality teammates. The Leafs drafted a bucket load of these giant defense projects while Hunter was here. Maybe he'll be the one to hit.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Can anyone who has been watching the Marlies this year shed some light on how Rosen has been playing? Is he going to be able to step into the roster next year when Jake Gardiner inevitably leaves?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This was the Marlies forward lineup, for their last game.

Timashov Mueller Bracco
Engvall Jooris Grundstrom
Marchment Brooks Moore
Klimchuk Greening Clark

Since then, they've added Carcone, and Gagner is back.... so who sits?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Gordeev does show some flash on those Youtube highlight vids. He still seems a bit like a winger converted to defense. I do wonder what he would do with higher quality teammates. The Leafs drafted a bucket load of these giant defense projects while Hunter was here. Maybe he'll be the one to hit.

yeah was just going to say this. He played 50-50 wing/D in his first season, he hasn't been a full time Dman that long at all.

Hunter's fetish never paid off imo, gordeev is pretty much the final hope for the giants

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Timashov Mueller Bracco
Marchment Brooks Moore
Klimchuk Greening Clark

Carcone on 4RW, Gagner at 2C, Jooris or Greening at 4C. Other one sits.

Most likely Marlies trade Jooris for depth at a different spot, like top 4 RD or in net. If the Marlies get a top 4 RD, Subban could be dealt for a goalie.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Carcone on 4RW, Gagner at 2C, Jooris or Greening at 4C. Other one sits.

Most likely Marlies trade Jooris for depth at a different spot, like top 4 RD or in net. If the Marlies get a top 4 RD, Subban could be dealt for a goalie.

Can we afford to trade a Jooris? What if Vancouver recalls Gagner again?

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

Timashov Mueller Bracco
Marchment Brooks Moore
Klimchuk Greening Clark

Likely Clark and Jorris sit while Gagner and Carcone tag in. All the Marlies need is some adequate goaltending.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Can we afford to trade a Jooris? What if Vancouver recalls Gagner again?

Cracknell is on LTIR. As soon as he returns, both Jooris and Greening would be sitting in the press box. If Jooris is gone and Gagner is recalled (or there is just an injury), Cracknell moves up from the 4C spot (he's much better than that anyways) and Greening slots back in. There are also more than a handful of Growlers capable of playing 4C.

Plus Jooris has been crap. He's one of the worst forwards on the Marlies and should have been considered a healthy scratch candidate even before the Leafs got Carcone, Klimchuk and Gagner in the past week. Same goes for Greening. Those aforementioned Growlers may seriously give him a run for his money, if they are given a legitimate chance.

My concern would be more whether or not anyone gives us any remotely close to a good top 4 RD for Jooris than wanting to move him.

Reactions: Fogelhund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad