Rumor: Markus Granlund to Ufa (KHL)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Who else?

from what is coming from over here--we are not talking any big names. Just 3rd liners from Europe that play just do not fit in the NHL. Two teams to watch will be the Frolunda Indians and Skelleftea AIK, both are in the CHL and want to stay there. With the CHL being knock out only this year this will play into how teams are build

Last edited:
Reactions: themelkman

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The big wild card for ANY NHLERS wanting to come over here to Europe depends on the NHL and what the heck the will be doing.

European leagues start camp(reportedly) in Mid August with games being played first week of September with CHL games in the second week. The question is what if the NHL says they will be playing the 19/20 season in September/October and players will be under contract till then?

There is a lot of stuff up in the air right now with European teams trying to sign NHL players

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Why would players want to to the KHL now that they have their salary cap in place and it is awful.

$12m salary cap is ridiculous.

It's still more than twice more, than the next league. As far as I know, teams can pay performance bonuses to players, which aren't part of the cap (bonus budget can't surpass 20% or 25% (don't remember exactly) of the salary cap, though).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad