Value of: Marko Dano

saxonmiller

May 26, 2017
Winnipeg
Seems to be in Maurice's doghouse (he has barely dressed all season, and is line rushing with the D). I wonder if a team in need of some offensive depth would give Chevy a call. By all accounts, and certainly throughout most of the preseason, Dano has played well wherever he has been in the lineup (his underlying numbers aren't bad), and he brings some good energy. I'd like the Jets to hold onto him, but when Shawn Matthias and Matt Hendricks are getting reps ahead of you on the daily, something is amiss.

However, if he does move, it'll be his 4th team since being drafted. What gives, and who would be interested?

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Similar situation to Leivo IMO. In a trade both would probably fetch a 3rd round pick best-case scenario due to the fact they're unproven. But there's no point in trading either for that because the odds of that pick turning out as good as the player being traded are low. I feel like both Dano and Leivo are destined to just keep riding the pine for the foreseeable future.

Nov 24, 2006
I would keep him if I were the Jets. We finally have some depth, why trade it away.

As far as value, as the Hawks poster alluded to, it has dropped. I'm going to say a 4th round pick maybe? Maybe a 3rd if some GM is desperate, or high.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
23. Late 1st round pick from 2013. He showed a bit of promise a few years ago, but his game never really materialized.

He's a pretty common story in the NHL. He kind of reminds me of Joe Colborne, when he got traded from the Leafs to the Flames. That was for a 4th overall pick. I would say Dano has arguably less upside than that.

So Dano is worth at most a 4th. Probably less.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
23. Late 1st round pick from 2013. He showed a bit of promise a few years ago, but his game never really materialized.

He's a pretty common story in the NHL. He kind of reminds me of Joe Colborne, when he got traded from the Leafs to the Flames. That was for a 4th overall pick. I would say Dano has arguably less upside than that.

So Dano is worth at most a 4th. Probably less.

Probably right, although I think some team would be very wise to do that deal.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not too long ago, i was told this guy could be the centerpiece in a Sanheim or Simmonds trade (cant remember which thread it was), so i cant imagine his value is as low as people think... right?....right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad