Confirmed with Link: Mark Stuart signs extension: 4-years, 10.5 million (2.625 per season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazaaa*

Hope it's cheap.
$2.65M per, that's pretty fair.
Good energy, good leader.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Whoa, 4 years, 10.5 million total, 2.625. They sure love Stuart. He's really stepped up though, and he seems to fit in well with us.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Can always be moved in future. Secured an asset rather than let him walk for nothing. I'm not jumping for joy, but I'm ok with it.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Pretty steep price. The term is a little long as well, I would have been good @ 3 years. Oh well he's a good leader and mentor for Trouba and it's not like we're tight against the cap.

powder88

Nov 21, 2013
4 years?!?! I have no problem with the price, but four years is a long, long time. I would have thought 3 would have been the absolute top end.

bazaaa*

I thought $2.625 was okay. Really don't see too many deals much less than that. $8M over 4 would have been nicer mind you.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Bearing in mind that the salary cap is going up shortly, and conceivably the floor with it, I don’t think the money is outrageous. 4 years lets him finish his career here, and we’ll have some serious 3rd line sandpaper when we get a legit 4th D to bump him down. He’s been good lately, and vet presence is never a bad thing.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Seriously though, what does Stuart give you that's not easy to replace that you need to give him 4 years? Those #6 calibre d-men hold all the bargaining power. I am starting to feel like this team is signing players based on public perception rather than hockey value.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Bearing in mind that the salary cap is going up shortly, and conceivably the floor with it, I don’t think the money is outrageous. 4 years lets him finish his career here, and we’ll have some serious 3rd line sandpaper when we get a legit 4th D to bump him down. He’s been good lately, and vet presence is never a bad thing.

He'll be 34 at the end of the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad