Mark Stone vs Leon Draisaitl

Who would you rather have on your team?

• Stone

• Draisaitl

Results are only viewable after voting.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
I really don't see an argument to pick Draisaitl. Stone is one of the most complete and best winger in the league. This should be Stone easily

Isaak16

The Universe Is Here
May 7, 2013
Alberta
The difference in offence makes it pretty crazy to ask this question after the year draisaitl just had. I’d be interested to see what stone does going forward offensively though. I loved Hossa but it’s kind of like comparing him to ovechkin. Too much offence to make up the difference in their two way game.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
The difference in offence makes it pretty crazy to ask this question after the year draisaitl just had. I’d be interested to see what stone does going forward offensively though. I loved Hossa but it’s kind of like comparing him to ovechkin. Too much offence to make up the difference in their two way game.

I do think Draisaitl is better than Stone ---- but please don't compare Draisaitl to Ovechkin ---- Ovechkin is far supeiror to Draisaitl.
Also, Hossa was a 100+ point player in his prime, Stone hasn't eclipsed 65 points once in his career.

Terrible comparison.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
I do think Draisaitl is better than Stone ---- but please don't compare Draisaitl to Ovechkin ---- Ovechkin is far supeiror to Draisaitl.
Also, Hossa was a 100+ point player in his prime, Stone hasn't eclipsed 65 points once in his career.

Terrible comparison.
Its not a terrible comparison considering that not only is Draisaitl not Ovechkin, Stone is no Hossa yet either.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Ratatoskr

May 27, 2004
Germany
What? I can't fathom to understand what you just wrote ---- what does that even mean?
The problem is that you misunderstood his original post to begin with. He said comparing Stone to Draisaitl would be like comparing Hossa to Ovechkin. You said comparing Draisaitl to Ovechkin (which he didn't do) would be a terrible comparison because Ovechkin > Draisaitl. He pointed out that, while that's true, the comparison is still apt because Hossa > Stone.

Bascially, you two are in agreement, you just misunderstood his original point. :D

Last edited:

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I really don't see an argument to pick Draisaitl. Stone is one of the most complete and best winger in the league. This should be Stone easily
No argument? Drai just got 50 goals and 105 points. Stone, who is older has yet to eclipse 64 points or hit 30 goals. Stone's superior two-way play doesn't make up for the massive difference in offensive production. Leon is also 4 years younger with a better contract to boot.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Terrible comparison.
Stone hit 73 points in 77 games this year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

The majority of the offensive advantage is fueled by playing with the best player in the league and an unsustainable shooting percentage. Their PPGs over the previous 2 seasons combined were about 0.03 apart, and Drai isn't repeating this year.

Draisaitl should be the answer here long term due mainly to age, and a slightly cheaper deal, but just for right now it's be close between the two. If you're the Oilers, obviously you take Draisaitl for the proven chemistry with McDavid, but for other teams, Stone is the more proven line driver, and might be more valuable

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Huge fan of Stone, but you've gotta go with Drai. The guy put up 50 goals and 100 points which is amazing.

Whether he's a winger or a center, which i think he's clearly demonstrated he can play either...these are elite numbers. That's not just cruising on McDavey numbers, those are the sort of numbers you only generate if you're a legitimate play driver in your own right. Draisitl is.

He's younger, on a more predictable contract, and far more versatile. It's Draisaitl easy for me.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
No argument? Drai just got 50 goals and 105 points. Stone, who is older has yet to eclipse 64 points or hit 30 goals. Stone's superior two-way play doesn't make up for the massive difference in offensive production. Leon is also 4 years younger with a better contract to boot.
Just a small correction. Stone has indeed eclipsed 64 pts. He scored 73 pts this past season. Still a long ways from 100+ for sure.

Reactions: Bob Barker

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Draisaitl's better offensively, scored 50 goals, better contract, younger, center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad