Prospect Info: Mark Stone (Ottawa 178 overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
someone had their mouse on create thread really quick :sarcasm:

good choice...Seems we're staying away from defence this year...drafting wise.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
I live in Brandon so I've seen him play. Crowd favourite, kinda Chris Neilish.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Awsome pick, I cannot believe he was available in the 6th round :D

He's a powerforward from my hometown who has scoring potential. He was considered to be a late-1st/2nd round pick at the start of the year but was hampered by injuries. Still I thought he should have gone 2nd-3rd round.

He's much like Jordan Caron from 2009.

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
on mark stone

http://www.brandonsun.com/sports/loc...849.html?thx=y

WHL Notebook - Draft day looming for pair of Wheat Kings prospects

Mark Stone is taking a decidedly low-key approach to what can be one of the most exciting days of a junior hockey player's career.

The 18-year-old right-winger is the highest-rated Brandon Wheat Kings player for this weekend's National Hockey League Entry Draft. The Winnipegger is rated 119th among North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting, while the independent Red Line Report is much more bullish, tabbing him 97th among all players, suggesting he could be picked anywhere from the third round to the later in the seven-round draft.

"I'm not too sure what to expect really," Stone said via cellphone on Monday.

"My name's popped up (in the rankings) but I'm not sure if I'm going to (be drafted) or if any teams have even thought of me. But I'm pretty excited to see what happens."

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Stone suffered a broken thumb early in the season, finishing with 11 goals and 28 points in 39 games. He had contact with some NHL teams during the season, but all has been quiet on that front since the Memorial Cup ended. He said he's going to head out the family cabin this weekend and let the chips fall where they may.

"I'm going in with low expectations," he said. "If it doesn't happen, then I'm not going to be too worried about it and just hope that I can get into (an NHL) camp some other time."
sensfan44 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Seems Zack Smithish....solid late round pick who may be able to replenish our bottom 6 in a few years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad