Player Discussion Mark Stone | "Insanely Controversial" Edition

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I don't mind it if it's week to week, could have been a lot worse from what I gathered so that's a plus and a rested and healthy stone is a scary stone

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Whoa whoa let's all slow down I have Mark Stone in all my hockey pools so he should totally come back before the playoffs.

haha me too, playoffs start next week! Hoping to see him on the road trip on Sunday thats for sure.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
When's the last time that "week to week" meant anything less than four weeks? Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, just realistic. Sounds to me like a significant MCL sprain, and they're just thankful that it's not a torn ACL...

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
When's the last time that "week to week" meant anything less than four weeks? Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, just realistic. Sounds to me like a significant MCL sprain, and they're just thankful that it's not a torn ACL...

Looking up recent cases (Parise and Oshie), they were about 2-3 weeks.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Not gonna lie, no Stone in our toughest stretch of games is going to hurt. Hopefully he is back for the last ten games at least.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Rest him till playoffs. Maybe this helps us stay in 2nd

Turris and Ryan coming back is big, Boro is day to day

We just need to play .500 hockey.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Do we know its his knee?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Do we know its his knee?

We don't, no, but the fact that they sent him for an MRI would lead you in that direction.

Related, it frustrates the #$#$ out of me that NHL teams won't release injury info. NFL teams give detailed injury reports, and are in fact fined heavily if they aren't truthful on them. In the NHL, though, apparently the paying fans don't deserve to be given details on injuries. (And spare me the "gambling" rationale - people bet on hockey also.) I think that the paying customers are owed a little more information than, "lower body, week to week", but I recognize that this is not a universally held view...

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
MCL doesn't hobble you. Pretty much wouldn't even have a limp. I've torn mine right out of the bone (avulsion fracture) and although hockey wasn't an option, walking looked fairly normal.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
MCL doesn't hobble you. Pretty much wouldn't even have a limp. I've torn mine right out of the bone (avulsion fracture) and although hockey wasn't an option, walking looked fairly normal.

You can definitely limp with an MCL injury. Depending on the severity (sprain, strain or tear) it can be 1 to 6 week recovery.

Definitely looks like a knee injury to me.

PaulBissonnette

Average-sized wrench
Jan 24, 2014
Saskatchewan
Oilers fan coming in peace. From what I've read in this thread, I can't gather enough info on whether Stone is worth holding onto with my fantasy league playoffs spanning the next 4 weeks....I'm a huge Stone fan, but should I drop him for someone that will actually be playing? Cheers!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You can definitely limp with an MCL injury. Depending on the severity (sprain, strain or tear) it can be 1 to 6 week recovery.

I have had a grade 2 and grade 3 mcl sprain on my left and right knee. You dont really hoble around like stone was, they would also have a much more accurate time frame if it was an MCL injury. So I dont think its MCL but I dont know what it is either, maybe miniscus?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Lots of things can make you limp (not that kind of limp).

Hip flexor; Quad strain, Charlie Horse, Calf Strain, Groin (if its bad), Hammy, Ankle, Knee

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lots of things can make you limp (not that kind of limp).

Hip flexor; Quad strain, Charlie Horse, Calf Strain, Groin (if its bad), Hammy, Ankle, Knee

Don't forget being a gangsta or a thug. I see Stone sporting that tuque, he's a thug, just ask Cherry.

spader

Oct 13, 2013
Saskatchewan
Oilers fan coming in peace. From what I've read in this thread, I can't gather enough info on whether Stone is worth holding onto with my fantasy league playoffs spanning the next 4 weeks....I'm a huge Stone fan, but should I drop him for someone that will actually be playing? Cheers!

It's probably a good idea. There's no indication when he'll be back.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

If I'm you, I'm dropping him right away. It doesn't look like he'll be back anytime soon barring a visit to the healing waters of Lourdes.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa

Nobody has a clue. Stone is a gritty guy so it takes something serious enough to knock him out but he will push to get back - which loops back to nobody knows. Best to keep an eye on media reports.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
no way that mark is playing anytime soon.... look at the hobble on him in tonight's video

[NHL2]c-50338303[/NHL2]

Meh. I didn't think he was hobbling THAT bad. No walking boot or mobility restricting knee brace so high ankle and LCL/PCL grade 2 sprains are likely out.

If I had to guess I'd say hamstring injury.

He'll miss 4-5 games is my guess.

More worried about Anderson at this point. :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad