Value of: Mark Borowiecki (NAS, LD)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I didn't see a thread posted yet... would there be any takers for Borowiecki? $2M this year and next.

He had the misfortune of starting off on the wrong foot with the Preds while everything-was-chaos-and-disaster for our team, and since then has been hurt. We thought we were getting a better 3rd-pair D who could bring some grit and leadership, so it "made sense at the time" to sign him. But then things just really haven't worked out.

I wouldn't say it was ALL his fault. I mean, our team was playing horribly, and his more aggressive style on D just seemed to cause more trouble - he'd chase hits and we'd get burned, or he'd get penalties and we'd get burned because our PK was so attrocious.

No idea what his injury status is, since the Preds keep all that pretty tight lately. But since he has been out, I think we've all been more than satisfied with the younger players who have come up and played instead. Maybe it is just that our team as a whole is playing better. But either way, Borowiecki sure seems surplus to us now.

Anybody have a late round pick they'd part with for BoroCop? :dunno:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
As a sens fan, that's sad to hear. One of the players I'll always be rooting for.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
NJ made that trade with washington to get a D to expose. U sure on him if he meets the game count yo qualify for exposure if he’s under contract next year

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
NJ made that trade with washington to get a D to expose. U sure on him if he meets the game count yo qualify for exposure if he’s under contract next year
Yeah, we're ok there. We've got both Boro and Benning who meet, so we can afford to trade him on that front too.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yeah, we're ok there. We've got both Boro and Benning who meet, so we can afford to trade him on that front too.

I know on nashvillethey have other players.

I’m referring to who might take him if they need that qualified D exposure. Thst was the motive of np acquiring the D from Washington

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I didn't see a thread posted yet... would there be any takers for Borowiecki? $2M this year and next.

He had the misfortune of starting off on the wrong foot with the Preds while everything-was-chaos-and-disaster for our team, and since then has been hurt. We thought we were getting a better 3rd-pair D who could bring some grit and leadership, so it "made sense at the time" to sign him. But then things just really haven't worked out.

I wouldn't say it was ALL his fault. I mean, our team was playing horribly, and his more aggressive style on D just seemed to cause more trouble - he'd chase hits and we'd get burned, or he'd get penalties and we'd get burned because our PK was so attrocious.

No idea what his injury status is, since the Preds keep all that pretty tight lately. But since he has been out, I think we've all been more than satisfied with the younger players who have come up and played instead. Maybe it is just that our team as a whole is playing better. But either way, Borowiecki sure seems surplus to us now.

Anybody have a late round pick they'd part with for BoroCop? :dunno:

I would have preferred Boro over a couple of the additions that Dorion made to the D this past year, but a trade for Boro at $2M for next season is not the answer to our defensive deficiencies at this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad