Marek Zidlicky

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
We wanted a puck moving defender that shoots right, and we got it. So hey, it finally happened!

Also it's a nice vote of confidence that Zidlicky waived his NTC to join Detroit. I'm glad he wants to be here.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
He's a very solid offensive dman. I was always impressed by him when he was on the Preds. He should easily replace DD on the 2nd pp unit and he adds a good shot from the point. Smith better up his game or he'll be sitting for Marchy soon.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
RHD Offensive d-man. Exactly what this d needs. Should slot into the #2 pp and help ev scoring.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
have no idea what kind of player he is

hopefully he is worth it because i kinda liked marchenko

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Do we think he'll be on the top pairing with Kronwall? Zidlicky is used to playing 22 minutes a night.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
Do we think he'll be on the top pairing with Kronwall? Zidlicky is used to playing 22 minutes a night.

I don't think so.

I honestly think that KQ, and DD stayed paired up. I see Big E and Smith pairing being a total disaster.

I see the pairings likes this:

Kronwall/Big E
KQ/DD
Smith/Zids
Kindl or Marchenko

Balanced pairings if you ask me.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
for once a trade I actually like, his strengths are in an area the Wings really need help in and he legitimately makes the team better more than anyone but a much bigger name like Green would

the only downside is that he's a 38 year old rental,but the price is very reasonable

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
March looks better than Smith. And is a righty to boot. Albeit over a real small sample size.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Devils fan coming in peace to give you a little idea of what you can expect from Zid. He's a right handed shot, and a good puck mover. He's an excellent at creating offense, but mediocre to terrible at defense depending on what forwards he is matched up against. He was a nice piece for the Devils in our 2012 playoff run which seems like eons ago now, but he falters when he is expected to be a minute muncher in the top four. He's good on the power play or with a stay-at-home defenseman to make sure his defensive lapses aren't too costly. Used properly, he'll contribute more offensively than he detracts defensively. I hope he's part of at least a playoff push to the finals for you:D

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Babcock makes the call on Marchenko so I would not be surprised at all if he stays in the lineup. We already know Smith isn't a Babs-favorite. Either way it's going to be a situation where there's a ton of competition for that #6 spot. Smith, Marchenko, Kindl and Ouellet.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Love this trade. My self and many others have been wanting this for a while! The guy is excellent at anchoring the pp on the point. Very good with outlet passes, right hand shot... Only for a third too? We can even re-sign him for a year or two in the summer and IMO, will be a perfect solution until our kids are up and ready!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad