Marek Zagrapan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
He's ranked pretty low on the most lists. I think he'll go from 7 or 8 to mid-late first round.
What do you think about him. I haven't seen him play, but some of you might have, and then you could tell me if he's anything special. Thanks in advance.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
I think he's good:

Good shot, good vision good skating

But I think he's a little lazy
He's often flotting around and this is something I relly dislike about him

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Garp said:
I think he's good:

Good shot, good vision good skating

But I think he's a little lazy
He's often flotting around and this is something I relly dislike about him
That's what I've heard too. Maybe a new Pavel Brendl. ;) But I don't hope he'll turn out to be like that.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
He is a great offensive forward with excellent vision and stickhandling, he's a good skater and his shot is really accurate. He is a constant threat offensively and he has tons of chances every games, and that's something I really like about him : He is often at the right place on the right time to create something offensively.

He does have a few weakness : He's average defensively, really bad at faceoffs and not really a physical player although he does go in the corners and in front of the net.

BTW, the Brendl comparaisons are laughable at best.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Duff88 said:
He is a great offensive forward with excellent vision and stickhandling, he's a good skater and his shot is really accurate. He is a constant threat offensively and he has tons of chances every games, and that's something I really like about him : He is often at the right place on the right time to create something offensively.

He does have a few weakness : He's average defensively, really bad at faceoffs and not really a physical player although he does go in the corners and in front of the net.

Thanks for the info. He scored 82 points this year. He'll be left in the Q in at least one season more. What numbers will he put up?

X0ssbar

For what's it worth - Doug MacLean and the CBJ scouts are pretty high on this kid. They have him in their top 5. Never seen the kid play personally so like I said - take it for what's its worth.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Crosby=Gretzky said:
Thanks for the info. He scored 82 points this year. He'll be left in the Q in at least one season more. What numbers will he put up?

I don't really have any predictions for what his numbers will be, but I expect him to break the 100 points mark.

Sag96

Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
Overrated for me.....for example he has been almost invisible in 8 playoffs games. In the Last 2 games Gennady Churillov (Quebec) has been better in my opinion. Great skating ability but.....little caracter.

FREE DENTAL CARE

Mar 20, 2004
Zagrapan(ned)

I have seen Zagrapan play 7 times this season and I'm not impressed. He may be a threat in the "Q" but he's shy of the corners and goes away after being hit. I don't see any future here. I agree with other "poster" that Chirilov has outplayed him so far in the two playoff games.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Duff88 said:

I'll defer to your opinion as you actually get to see Zagrapan play, but your description of him could easily be applied to Brendl's days in the WHL (albeit he's not as good a skater).

X-SHARKIE

I think Zagrapan is very similar to the Cam Barkers, Jay Bouwmeesters but at forward.

He is exceptionally skilled, excellent hands, his skating is top notch, his vision is subpurb. It's just that he's so easy does it about everything. I think thats the next step he'll need to take to make it to the next level, is just work on his pacing, and show the ability to really take off and play a competive spirited game.

We'll see.

I think he just squeezes into the top 10 my self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad