Confirmed with Link: Marcus Kruger Acquired for 2018 5th Round Pick

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Dear Chicago, we thank you for your cap incompetence. Signed, Ronnie Franchise

Let's not act like we wouldn't all trade 3 championships in 6 years for some cap issues down the road now. That silver jug they hand out at the end of the year ain't called the Salary Cup yknow.

Reactions: Unsustainable

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Kruger was on line with Teravainen on Chicago, that's interesting. He was used with Nordstrom and Lindholm at the World this year.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
The only thing I don't get, is why he got Jooris if he knew he was gonna get Kruger? Also a little disappointed there won't be any room now for any young kids like Walmark or PDG. I love watching the kids play, too. Guess I'll have to get me some Checkers games next year.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
The only thing I don't get, is why he got Jooris if he knew he was gonna get Kruger? Also a little disappointed there won't be any room now for any young kids like Walmark or PDG. I love watching the kids play, too. Guess I'll have to get me some Checkers games next year.

If Walmark and PDG want a spot on the team over Kruger or Jooris, they can always earn it.

I believe in GMRF and Peters to put the best line-up on the ice.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Dear Chicago, we thank you for your cap incompetence. Signed, Ronnie Franchise

I'd say being able to keep a core of Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith, Brett Seabrook, and Corey Crawford together for eight seasons, while cycling through All-Stars like Marian Hossa, Brandon Saad, Artemi Panerin, Niklas Hjarlmarsson, and trading us Scott Darling, Teuvo Teravainen, Bryan Bickell, Joakim Nordstrom, Trevor van Riemsdyk and Marcus Kruger is the very definition of cap brilliance.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Still a spot for one rookie forward if we go with 7 d-men. The latter seems likely to me, considering that Dahlbeck is the 7th and he's relatively capable on either side.

And even if two rookie forwards win spots, it's not like buying out Jooris or PDG would be some great calamity.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Maybe RF can ship PDG to Vegas for Neal. Vegas has no interest in icing an NHL this year

No! don't want to trade PDG...I liked him since his college days. Don't want anymore old players, either. Love that JWilly's back, but we have enough vets now, for me anyway. They're old and wrinkly.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
This is funny, because this is how half of the Hurricanes Facebook group is acting. Apparently Kruger is just an overpaid McClement.
People on Facebook are not the smartest bunch, and for sure many of them dont know to much about hockey.

They probably dont even know about bonus situation and real salary next season.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'd say being able to keep a core of Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith, Brett Seabrook, and Corey Crawford together for eight seasons, while cycling through All-Stars like Marian Hossa, Brandon Saad, Artemi Panerin, Niklas Hjarlmarsson, and trading us Scott Darling, Teuvo Teravainen, Bryan Bickell, Joakim Nordstrom, Trevor van Riemsdyk and Marcus Kruger is the very definition of cap brilliance.

It's worked for a while but the Piper eventually comes calling. To keep their core they're now having to rid themselves of a lot of the depth and youth, so that when the decline does happen, there's no crutch and it all collapses. Don't get me wrong I would have loved to have had their 2010s, but much like Washington, their 2020s are going to be rough.

I'm just thankful we're the ones collecting their cap casualties. Helps us out without having to give anything away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad