Value of: Marco Rossi +

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I hope you're getting paid per post in this thread. Because if you're not, 40 or 50 posts about a guy you watched play one time is kinda nuts
One time live this year, yes. At least I’m honest about it. And yes, I’m being paid quite well to post on this forum.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I made my feelings on the topic clear on the first page of this thread, but this whole "what can we get for Rossi?" thing started because Russo/Smith at the Athletic have been saying things in the last month along the lines of "our feeling (from management) is that Rossi does not fit into what Guerin imagines to be a Cup lineup, so they may trade him". So, if you believe their guts, he is either "on the block" for this summer, or they're more willing to entertain offers on him than on most of the roster.
Then you’d look for a hockey trade like Byram for Mittelstadt.

Rossi for Holtz or Rossi for B Schneider type deals.

The idea he nets the 5th overall pick in 2024 is so ridiculous. Adding minor add like a 3rd round pick does nothing to bridge the gap.

Reactions: MNPios4

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

The idea he nets the 5th overall pick in 2024 is so ridiculous. Adding minor add like a 3rd round pick does nothing to bridge the gap.
Ok. I haven't made any statements about what I think he'd return. My feelings are that I'd prefer to just keep him until he's developed enough to know what he is, so I don't really care what he'd return unless it's insane value.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No one said he was bad or done progressing, just that no one would throw a top 10 pick at him right now, which is justified.

He’s personally not my type of player. I wouldn’t be comfortable having a Rossi in my top 6 if I was a contender. Now that I think of it, he reminds me a lot of Desharnais.
Please elaborate. Cause I’m sure you’re going to turn around and say the midget one dimensional Caufield is just fine for your top 6 as a contender.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Well

Except you’re the only person anywhere ever babbling about him being worth a top 5 pick by himself. Are you autistic?

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Habs fans …. that bumped their gums about not trading Suzuki for Pettersson last year or McJedi who said he wouldn’t trade Byram for Quinn are most amusing.

Montreal is on the right track but they need a stud D.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Based on the price for #11 a few years back, I think Rossi would probably have to come with at least a 2nd if not more as the team trading the pick would be moving out of the first completely and I think Rossi at this point by himself probably has the value of a 15-25ish pick in this draft specifically depending on how you value him.

He's still the same player he was when he was drafted, for the most part, but he's learning to put it together at the NHL level now.

I was very high on him then, but have become a lot less so because of his lack of any decent success at the NHL level, so it's good to see this season for him.

As an ARI fan I would be happier drafting in the top 4-10 with the chance to get Demidov or Eiserman, both players I like more than Rossi. The only thing I could see GMBA doing is either a) trading something else for Rossi like we did for Durzi, or if MIN *really* want a top 5 pick I could see us trading it for Rossi and 1-2 other good pieces. Unfortunately if MIN's own 1st is off the table I don't see MIN being open to trading what we would want from them.

Let us know if you wanna trade Faber though ;)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Please elaborate. Cause I’m sure you’re going to turn around and say the midget one dimensional Caufield is just fine for your top 6 as a contender.
He’a not ideal. Some players gets you into the playoff and some get yoy through the playoff. Caufield is the former. One is enough on a team, two is an issue.
Habs fans …. that bumped their gums about not trading Suzuki for Pettersson last year or McJedi who said he wouldn’t trade Byram for Quinn are most amusing.

Montreal is on the right track but they need a stud D.
Montreal already has a stud in playing top pair in Guhle. They have another one in the AHL who just joined the team (Reinbacher). They have a 6’3, 20 years old RHD in the AHL with 43 points in 63 games in Mailloux and a 19 years old highlight reel dominating the NCAA for the past two years putting up 1.25+ PPG.

One of them is bound to turn into that stud D you’re talking about, if not more than 1.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Ok. I haven't made any statements about what I think he'd return. My feelings are that I'd prefer to just keep him until he's developed enough to know what he is, so I don't really care what he'd return unless it's insane value.
I’m 100% sure your GM intends to keep him. Or take a big L to move him for no particular reason that would make sense.

Well
Except you’re the only person anywhere ever babbling about him being worth a top 5 pick by himself. Are you autistic?
Or I can read and I’m not as stupid as you.

The OP says he wants to get into the top 5 of the 2024 draft by trading Rossi + 2024 3rd round pick, which has tiny value by itself. The OP thinks Rossi is a valued as a top 5 pick in the 2024 draft. And That’s insane. The guy above that thinks he’s worth somewhere between the 25th - 15th pick seems reasonable as a guess of his value today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baksfamous112

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Because we need more urgent help in other area's right now. Our D prospect pool is more depleted than our F pool - we are 2 years out from competing for anything and Rossi is a piece that I could stomach losing if it meant landing one of the solid D prospects in this years draft.

Thats not the premise of the thread - I value some of the high end D prospects in this draft over Rossi.

Why do people on HFBoards always take the "best available" regardless of position approach? Its just silly.
You realize how hard it is to project D prospects?Add the fact they generally take 3-4 years? Massive risk.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
They should be playoff competitive for sure with their current prospects/young players and ages. A 25 yo Rossi would be ideal for a playoff team, no?
They can and probably will be playoff contenders but competitive? I’m not exactly sure about that. A 25 years old Rossi can’t do no harm, that’s for sure but even with 15M freed up, I don’t see how MIN can go toes to toes with the best teams in the league. They have too many glaring holes

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You expect MIN to have a competitive team by then?
It’s pretty obvious you’re just here to troll Wild fans. If the Wild are healthy, they make the playoffs next year. Then the almost $15M in dead cap drops to under $2M per year the following year. They will be competitive way before Montreal will be.

Reactions: MuckOG

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
It’s pretty obvious you’re just here to troll Wild fans. If the Wild are healthy, they make the playoffs next year. Then the almost $15M in dead cap drops to under $2M per year the following year. They will be competitive way before Montreal will be.
Maybe they will. Never said the opposite. I just think MIN is a team with holes that will be next to impossible to fill unless you tank properly.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Can you be more specific?
Sure. MIN is lacking a true 1C that can drive a line. JEE is very, very good but I don’t think he has that in him, neither does Rossi. You also don’t have a good 3C right now - but if you do end up finding a #1 JEE can move to #2 and Rossi #3 so there’s that.

Kaprisov and Boldy are building blocks. Zuccs is getting old as well, so there’s two extra spot you need to fill in your top 6, unless you want Hartman there - Which he probably belong as a low end top 6 forward.

Faber could be a #1 long term, although a low-end one. Brodin isn’t getting younger and spurgeon is washed up. You need two extra D in your top 4, Ideally a #1-2 and #4 to complete Faber and Brodin.

Your best prospect is a G that is probably 4-5 years away from entering his prime and aside from Yurov, you don’t have that many prospects that are trending to be top of the line-up player although you do have depth in your pool, so there’s that.

So yeah, a #1 Center, two top 4 D (one of them being a top pairing guy) and 1-2 top 6 forward is not exactly an easy shopping list to fill.

• Haha
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Sure. MIN is lacking a true 1C that can drive a line. JEE is very, very good but I don’t think he has that in him, neither does Rossi. You also don’t have a good 3C right now - but if you do end up finding a #1 JEE can move to #2 and Rossi #3 so there’s that.

Kaprisov and Boldy are building blocks. Zuccs is getting old as well, so there’s two extra spot you need to fill in your top 6, unless you want Hartman there - Which he probably belong as a low end top 6 forward.

Faber could be a #1 long term, although a low-end one. Brodin isn’t getting younger and spurgeon is washed up. You need two extra D in your top 4, Ideally a #1-2 and #4 to complete Faber and Brodin.

Your best prospect is a G that is probably 4-5 years away from entering his prime and aside from Yurov, you don’t have that many prospects that are trending to be top of the line-up player although you do have depth in your pool, so there’s that.

So yeah, a #1 Center, two top 4 D (one of them being a top pairing guy) and 1-2 top 6 forward is not exactly an easy shopping list to fill.
Habs have way more holes. Focus on them

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
And yet they are still nowhere close to having a competitive roster. an abomination of a roster with nothing great on the way. And Reinbacher over Michkov? Worst draft move of the last decade
No one expected them to be competitive this year either.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Apropos of where conversation has gone, the Canadiens are actually the team that the Wild have their best all-time record against (discounting the Kraken bc small sample).

Cheers to a long tank & many more years of this fruitful partnership in the future!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad