Proposal: Marco Rossi for Shane Pinto

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Trying to gauge what people think the value is on this. There’s been rumors from credible sources within the Wild that they would Move Rossi for a comparable young player with more size. I’m personally not interested in the move, but if they did it this is about what I’d be looking for. Who adds?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
IF this happened I wouldn't hate it but prefer to keep Pinto since it's the player we already know/have within the system.

Why do the Wild want to flip Rossi? he just had a pretty good reason and looks like a future potential #1 C.
He’s not a Guerin player. Size and strength is more important than Skill for Guerin. Look at the Stramel pick last season, for example.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
He’s not a Guerin player. Size and strength is more important than Skill for Guerin. Look at the Stramel pick last season, for example.
I mean Kap, Boldy, EEK have decent size or skills to make up for it. Zucc is a small skilled forward but he won't be around forever.

Odd reasoning. I though Rossi/EEK would be a great 1-2 punch down the middle.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I mean Kap, Boldy, EEK have decent size or skills to make up for it. Zucc is a small skilled forward but he won't be around forever.

Odd reasoning. I though Rossi/EEK would be a great 1-2 punch down the middle.
It’s just what has been reported by Russo. I think most fans are more than happy to roll with Ek/Rossi/Yurov long term.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm fine with keeping Rossi over Pinto, especially with Rossi finally getting his career going, and looking pretty good. Seems like a lateral move, and in any event, Pinto will be due a payday as soon as this summer, won't he? With one more year of 15M cap penalties, wouldn't MN rather keep Rossi, and kick the contract can down the road till 25-26?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
IF this happened I wouldn't hate it but I much prefer to keep Pinto since it's the player we already know/have within the system and is a better fit for the Sens.

Why do the Wild want to flip Rossi? he just had a pretty good reason and looks like a future potential #1 C.
I don't think he'll be a #1C. #2C, hopefully. He's a bit like a Granlund who isn't afraid to shoot, and is more of a natural C.

Rossi really improved over the summer. Will be interested to see if he can improve yet again next year. If so, he'll be a pretty good player... great character. If he fails, it won't because of a lack of hard work.

I'm not against trading Rossi, but not for Pinto. MN already has a big, strong, hard working two guy in JEE. The hope is that Rossi becomes the skilled C who sets up the other talented wingers(Kaprizov, Boldy, and hopefully , Yurov and Ohgren in the future.).

Last edited:

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
As a Flyers fan, this would hurt Torts but how about a Rossi for Foerster swap? Flyers are super high on him but similar age, similar rookie numbers. Flyers are deep on RW, thin on centers.

Just a thought.

Reactions: MNPios4

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I'm fine with keeping Rossi over Pinto, especially with Rossi finally getting his career going, and looking pretty good. Seems like a lateral move, and in any event, Pinto will be due a payday as soon as this summer, won't he? With one more year of 15M cap penalties, wouldn't MN rather keep Rossi, and kick the contract can down the road till 25-26?
Yeah, I, would.

As a Flyers fan, this would hurt Torts but how about a Rossi for Foerster swap? Flyers are super high on him but similar age, similar rookie numbers. Flyers are deep on RW, thin on centers.

Just a thought.
Don’t think they would trade him for a similar caliber winger. If anything I could see them using him to try and get Konecny

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Yeah, I, would.

Don’t think they would trade him for a similar caliber winger. If anything I could see them using him to try and get Konecny

Fair enough but then you’re asking to trade a small Rossi for a bigger version of him straight up? Why would then other team do that (referring to Pinto here). Doesn’t really make sense.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Fair enough but then you’re asking to trade a smaller version of Rossi for a bigger version of him straight up? Why would then other team do that? Doesn’t really make sense.
Not a bigger version of him. Pinto and Rossi are far different players even just stylistically. But we know Guerin wants to get bigger up the middle.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
1713568850423.png

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Not a bigger version of him. Pinto and Rossi are far different players even just stylistically. But we know Guerin wants to get bigger up the middle.
Then you'd have to explain why Ottawa would give up the Right handed, 6'3" 200lbs Center with 50%+ in faceoff and a knack for goal scoring for the Left handed 5'9" 180lbs Center with sub 48% in faceoffs and has produced lesser offensively so far in the NHL.

Pinto's the only Right handed C we have in the org, makes no sense to trade him for a smaller Lefty Center who battled health issues and is finally turning it around to establish themselves in the NHL.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i swear Russo throws this shit out there because he knows Wild fans tend to give up very early on players and wants to get the clicks.
i don't know why ottawa would do this. I don't think the Wild would actually be seeking to trade Rossi either.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
I just don't see why Ottawa does it without sweetener. Not that I don't think Rossi is bad, everyone's just made so many great reasons why they'd prefer Pinto.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I do not like the idea of swapping Rossi for Pinto. Rossi seems like a guy capable of taking another step into the 60 point range.

For funzies, Rossi had

-one less even strength point than Zibanejad (7 more ES goals)
-same even strength points as Cozens (6 more ES goals)

Just get the guy some power play time.

And if Guerin is so against Rossi because he's small, then why the f*** did he approve drafting him lol...

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
value looks pretty even to me.

That being said, I think Ottawa pass on this for the same reasons MIN would go for it. So, unless Pinto ask for a trade then its a no from Ottawa.

Reactions: McJedi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad