GDT: March 30: Dallas Whatever-they-ares at Seattle Definitely-the-Kraken

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Sorry for the late one, folks - upstairs getting kids to sleep. Don't have time to look up whoever the Dallas mascot is so let's just go with the Longhorns, I guess.

Go, Krakens!

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I'll assume that no one else is coming by because I have a faint odor or something.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Lousy defensive play led to that goal. Everybody's reaction was about a half a second slower than what it should have been.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
That puck bounced like it was in a pin ball machine. 2-0 and we have another nearly 4 minutes and 40 seconds worth of penalty to kill

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What a stop by Joey. That would have been the final dagger, too.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Useless power play, part two. No shots on either PP.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Empty net goal as we can't muster any offense even with the goalie pulled.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Daccord kept the score semi-respectable. The rookies were ineffectual and nobody else, except Joey, really showed up. Disappointing performance, though good for our draft position.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Good tanking game.

D'Accord played well and worked on his numbers while the team didn't go crazy and get points against teams like the Stars completeley f*** up their draft position.

Next up is a California road trip playing the Sharks, Kings and Ducks(again).....

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I dunno, rookies are gonna be ineffectual on the 4th line with Kartye playing barely 7 minutes. Evans getting top minutes is nice but...

1711907433940.png

Kinda looks like the top 6 got rolled by their Stars counterparts, from that graph. Also continue to dislike Hak running Burakovsky on the 3rd line with Tanev and Gourde. He's going to do sweet F-A with that line combo, TOI and deployment.

0 for 2 on the powerplay sure doesnt help either.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I dunno, rookies are gonna be ineffectual on the 4th line with Kartye playing barely 7 minutes. Evans getting top minutes is nice but...

View attachment 844129

Kinda looks like the top 6 got rolled by their Stars counterparts, from that graph. Also continue to dislike Hak running Burakovsky on the 3rd line with Tanev and Gourde. He's going to do sweet F-A with that line combo, TOI and deployment.

0 for 2 on the powerplay sure doesnt help either.

Well, the whole team got "rolled" by the Stars cause they're not as good.

Also agree on the Burakovxky thing and it's one of the biggest reasons(besides his bad luck shooting and injuries) why he hasn't scored this year.

Before he had that little run of scoring he was on the 4th line and now Hakstol's playing our best creating forward with two guys that can't finish.

I'm also curious what they do with Winterton and Morisson.
Both should be down with the Firebirds soon to get back on track with them on their playoff run.
Also, I think if Winterton gets another game the Kraken would burn a year off his ELC.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Tatar's (and PEB's) 3rd straight healthy scratch, too. Strikes me as a bit of a dick move, honestly. But hey sure, run Burakovsky with Tanev some more. Real mystery why this team cant score goals.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Tatar's (and PEB's) 3rd straight healthy scratch, too. Strikes me as a bit of a dick move, honestly. But hey sure, run Burakovsky with Tanev some more. Real mystery why this team cant score goals.
I’m growing increasingly frustrated with some of the moves the coaching staff has made.
I can’t see it building a happy and cohesive dressing room, nor it increasing on ice fortunes.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I am not sure about this being a dick move. The team has been shit with or without PEB and Tatar. Plus PEB is not exactly the guy you ice to score goals. Tatar, sure, but he is unlikely to come back and be part of our future. The certainty of no playoffs, makes it easier to see where our prospects stack up to make decisions for the off-season.

Also, Hakstol may have been asked to give the kids more ice time and he chose to healthy scratch Tatar and PEB. But who else would you have him scratch instead?

The thing that I don't understand is his deployment of Burakovsky.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I am not sure about this being a dick move. The team has been shit with or without PEB and Tatar. Plus PEB is not exactly the guy you ice to score goals. Tatar, sure, but he is unlikely to come back and be part of our future. The certainty of no playoffs, makes it easier to see where our prospects stack up to make decisions for the off-season.

Also, Hakstol may have been asked to give the kids more ice time and he chose to healthy scratch Tatar and PEB. But who else would you have him scratch instead?

The thing that I don't understand is his deployment of Burakovsky.
I mean, the answer is obvious and it's Tanev. 11 points this season. ELEVEN. Shocking that Hak is playing Burakovsky with him.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I mean, the answer is obvious and it's Tanev. 11 points this season. ELEVEN. Shocking that Hak is playing Burakovsky with him.
I agree that Tanev has been ineffective BUT he is not an expiring UFA. Also, if there is any plan to trade him this offseason, healthy scratching him will definitely impact the return.

My guess is Tanev is still dealing with injuries. But if he is, then just put him on the shelf for the rest of the year and let him recover. Parts of roster management always confuse me but without knowing what is coming down from Francis to Hakstol, it is hard to know who the real dick is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad